- Name: Jerrell Allen
• Height: 5’10
• Weight: 200
• Position: OLB
• College: Central State University
• Twitter: @Bigplay__rell
· Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
I’m from Detroit Michigan, the thing I love most about my city is the relentless
· List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study
• Strength and conditioning
Without film your lost in the game. Conditioning is the physical aspect of being prepared and practice is where I see what I will and won’t be able to do for that game
· What do you worry about, and why?
Leaving my family with nothing. I feel like they invested so much in me from an early age that I wanna make sure they’re taken care of after I’m gone
· Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
my deal of mess ups I had educationally. Having to face my parents like a man telling them I had to transfer my first semester at Henderson state in Arkansas going on to Central State U
· What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Some teammates would say my knowledge of the game, basically how I know where the ball will be going and how our schemes were set up. Which all were just positives of being experienced
· Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
Deion Long formerly of Maryland university played against him in JUCO felt like he was league ready then.
· What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Most likely real estate agent or potential entrepreneur
· Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
I would clean my room first because it’s the first thing you see in the morning
· If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
I would save my one family member because I know they have no help the three strangers would be able to come up with a plan together.
· If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
Tasmanian devil been my favorite because of the way he can mess things up at will. Reminds me of how you should play Linebacker
· Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
My biggest adversity in life was being homeless. in the 6th grade my home caught on fire which caused for my family to live in a hotel for 2 years
· What is your most embarrassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment would be when I had no ride an had to run 5 miles to 5:30 am practice
· What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
My most memorable play would be the force fumble I caused my junior year vs Benedict college on a kickoff causing our first turnover on special teams
· What song best describes your work ethic?
Last breathe by future for all my doubters
· What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
The most important trait I could have at the next level would be overall preparation. This includes film, practice, and conditioning. Being prepared will have you ready for these factors.
· If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
It would bring back my grand father he died before I was born. So I feel like there’s a lot of conversations an wisdom to be passed down
· If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
I would say Sweet Feet Central
· Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
Can’t say because I haven’t made it to that level so it’s not in my lane to say. Those guys earned every dollar.
· Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
· What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
A player I felt for most having his career derailed had to be Sean Taylor. I chose him because he had a promising career taken away which reminded me of a former teammate who I lost last year to gun violence
· Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
I hate to lose it pushes me to win every rep and make winning the only option.
· Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
I would say my father due to his style of guidance and leadership he passed down to me. He late me touch the fire and learn from my lessons rather than blocking me out of fear of getting burnt.