Name: Jarell Bright
• Height: 6’3
• Weight: 255
• Position: DE/OLB
• College: Winston-Salem State University
• Twitter: Rell_Huncho34
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Originally I was born in Baltimore, Maryland and raised inCharlotte, North Carolina. I consider both places as my hometown because theyhave helped progress me to be the man and athlete I am today. Growing up, whatI mostly love about Baltimore is that it gave me the true insight of the “realworld” and Charlotte opened me up to the world of sports.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study,Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and Conditioning
3. Film Study
Strength and conditioning is first because taking care of yourbody is most important when participating in any sport, not just football.Being a multi-talented athlete growing up I have learned to understand that.Practice is second because majority of the time it dictates if, whether, andhow you play on the field. Lastly, film study is third you want to know who youare up against when your name is called to produce on the field and make yourreps count by dominating your opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• When I will eat my next meal and how I can be successful.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did youreact and how did you overcome failure?
• Growing up there was a point in my life where I was homelessand I wanted to provide for my family and needed to provide for myself. Due toage and circumstance I couldn’t and I felt like I failed myself. A couplesummers ago when I finally had the time and opportunity I got a job at DukeEnergy and it made me feel like I accomplished something other than footballand school that prepared me for life.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leading by example
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• #75 Justin Nestor (LT) 2016 Bowie State University-Battle of the All Americans CIAA Championship my sophomore season.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Graphic Designer – Entrepreneur
Room, desk, and car – which do you, clean first?
• Room. The person you are at home says a lot about yourcharacter.
If there was a disaster and you could either save threestrangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save a family member because it would easier forme to establish trust at a time like that instead of a stranger. Also, ifthings were to go bad with the strangers I would be outnumbered.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would yoube and why?
• Michael Oher in the movie The Blind Slide. I say this because I believe his story best relates to my own personal experiences growing and challenges I’ve overcome growing up as a student-athlete and also he initially played for my favorite NFL team growing up the Baltimore Ravens.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’vedealt with or overcome it?
• I didn’t make my first football tryout my 7thgrade year and it tore me apart but it also drove me to become the best at mycraft no matter who was my opponent. I’ve excelled at playing football eversince.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
•There was a play during my first collegiate game where the ball went in the other direction and I saw a huge lineman coming to blindside me. So, when he lowered his shoulder I just laid down but the ball was right there and I didn’t see it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• CIAA Championship against Bowie State. I had a crucial sackwhen my team needed it against an All American tackle.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Till I Collapse – Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical orNon-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A stable mindset with a clear conscience
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day,who would it be and why?
• If I had to choose my grandmother on my mom side she died whenI was 6 years old but of a sickness no one knew she had. Just because she keptthe family together and things changed a lot when she died.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Odell Beckham Jr. I say this because yes he has great regularseason stats but in crucial moments mainly in the playoffs he tends to allowthings to deter him from being successful and coming up with much needed bigplays for his team.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because I believe respect goes along way then being liked. I personally have never been the type to seekattention or worry of my peer’s thoughts. I like to leave a positive impact inpeoples lives.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues doyou feel for the most and why?
• If I had to choose then it would probably be Colin Kaepernick only for his beliefs were positive but was taken off the field and highly criticized
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose because I see and know the potential of mycounterparts and I and it motivates me to want to push myself even harder.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•Ray Lewis. My favorite player of all time and also I havelistened to a lot of his speeches to help motivate myself. Also, Nicholas Wesley my personal trainer foryears and mentor.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Richard LeCounte, S, University of Georgia nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/richar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/bGJYRQEFBy
about 39 mins ago
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets Special: Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ift.tt/37yJBeW
about 39 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Seth Williams, WR, Auburn University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/seth-w… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/F1A9zHBW2G
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Alex Leatherwood, OL, University of Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/alex-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/25TgtWGIlr
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Javonte Williams, RB, University of North Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/javont… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago