NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: James Clark, WR, Edinboro University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: James Clark
- Height: 6’1”
- Position: WR/Athlete
- College: Edinboro
- Twitter: jamesclark815
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Humble beginnings breed success
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, Strength & conditioning, Practice
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry to not reach my fullest potential ever day I’m alive this fear perpetuates my drive for success
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I set out to go division 1, when I did not reach the mark I made the best out of the opportunities presented
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My drive and hunger to be great radiates to others around me
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Marcus Jones/Gary Brown
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I’m a artist it’s been my dream since 7 years old to open a art shop/tattoo business
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Doctor strange although he was presented the worst possible situation he never stopped persevering on his Goal.. reflected how powerful the mind is “if you can believe it you can achieve it”
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Being Black in America I have to conduct and prove that I am a great respectful and honorable man despite some of the images being portrayed
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Scoring the game winning touch down against slippery rock at their homecoming.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Jada Kiss – Grind Hard
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Tupac.. he had so much more to evolve into
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Big Steppa Academy
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t any one as overrated to each his own if you worked hard enough to get where you destined to go you belong there.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, you do not have to like me but you will respect me. One philosophy I abide by is to respect myself and others around me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- J Manziel, he allowed his talent to be wasted by his lack of discipline.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to win… Losses are inevitable a loss is not always a loss it’s a lesson
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father he taught me taught me how to be a man and my Mother she loved before anyone did.