- Name: Jalen Young
• Height: 5’10
• Weight: 188
• Position: DB
• College: Florida Atlantic University
• Twitter: @Charkata1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Belle Glade, Florida it’s a small town normally referred to as The Muck. There’s not much to do, all I ever knew was football and to grind. A town where that’s all most knew. Belle Glade gave me a mentality of hard work beats talent everyday of the week.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice is very important simply because you’re not only seeing it but you are getting game like reps. The way you practice is the way you’re going to play. Practice is where you work on craft, things you need to improve on and different situations you are faced with in a game.
Film study plays a huge part into the game. Watching film on a team or an individual can slow the game down tremendously. Being able to point out a play before it even starts comes from film study.
Strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• One thing that lingers on my mind is being able to give my parents the world, without my parents this would not have been possible.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• The last game of my freshman year was the worst game I ever played personally. I failed at doing my job. That next year we played the same exact team we won and I had one of my best games!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Getting to or around the ball would be one quality. Wether it’s an interception, pass deflection, or tackle I will do anything to get to the ball.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Firefighter or something the fine arts
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room would definitely be first . Coming home to a clean room feels amazing.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• • The Fresh Prince himself. Will Smith is one of my idols. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is one my top television shows. I love the 90s style.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment would have to be one game after a play was made I went to chest bump my teammate but didn’t stick the landing. I can remember my coach laughing and telling me to be athletic.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first rivalry game against Florida International University is probably a game I will never forget. To seal the game I took an interception back for 60 yards on a route I got beat on earlier in the first quarter.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Wayne – Hustler Musik
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My instincts and have a great feel for the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my baby sister. Just to take her out once and have day with her would make my world. I dream of her all the time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Simba’s Den
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Much rather be respected.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Mom has been the best influence in my life. That woman is my world! Having me at the age of 15 and putting her life aside to make sure she does her best to raise me is truly remarkable. She’s a one of a kind.