NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Isaiah Searight, TE, Fordham University
- Isaiah Searight
- Fordham University
- Twitter: @IMS1_
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 Football All-Patriot League First-Team Offense.
- 42 rec – 479 yards – 11.40 YPR – 4 TDs.
What is your name?
- Isaiah Searight.
Where do you play College Football?
- Fordham University.
What position do you play?
- Tight End.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’4″ 250lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball and Wrestling.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Don Cherry – Villanova.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, always Montana of 300.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- My father, because of his work ethic and the fact that he does everything the right way.
You are a Business Administration major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I took several business classes in high school that I really enjoyed.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite: Legal Framework of Business.
- Least Favorite: Managerial Accounting.
What made you choose Fordham University?
- It was my very first offer and I felt at home the moment I stepped foot on the campus.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Having the opportunity to live in NYC and enjoy what the city has to offer.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite team was the Jets growing up and my favorite player was Darrelle Revis because of how consistent and relentless he was.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Hancock – Will Smith.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Barack Obama.
- Will Smith.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr. It would be awesome to sit down and be able to pick his brain, learning about what it took to change the world.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Superman, because he can do it all.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Being able to sacrifice what you want now for what you want most.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Eat, eat, eat, the bigger you are the better.
Why do you wear #1?
- I used to play QB and was a huge Cam Newton fan.
What is the best part of your hometown, Tinton Falls, NJ?
- Dom’s Deli.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron because he has the most complete game of the 3.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One – Red Dead Redemption.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Playing and winning at Yankee Stadium.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- My family to be taken care of.
- Cure the world of all its diseases.
- Three more wishes.
What is your hidden talent?
- I have a really great memory.
If there is a book written about Isaiah Searight, what is the title?
- “Love Yours.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Hawaii.
- Learn a new language.
- Run a Marathon.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Joe Montana because he is the GOAT in my opinion.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Isaiah Searight?
What is your inspiration?
- My family.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Eric Ebron.