NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Hjavier Pitts, RB, Thomas More University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Hjavier Pitts
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 185
- Position: RB
- College: Thomas More University
- Twitter: @hjavier_p
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am From Cincinnati Ohio, I love how the city lights up at night. The view is a cite to see.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Out of the three I believe Film study is the most important then strength and conditioning then practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Coming from a small school, I worry about getting the opportunity to show what I am capable of doing on the field. I worry about this because of the love I have for the game, playing professional football has always been a dream of mine and I think about it daily.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Coming out of high school I wanted to go D1. Not going D1 was a failure in my eyes but I didn’t give up on myself and went to a college where I could make an impact instantly as a Freshman.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My shiftiness to make people miss in tight spaces. I push others and bring the best out in them as well.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- I honestly couldn’t tell you a individual player but I have been up against a good defense such as Mulenburg and St. Johns
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I couldn’t play football I would be a coach and work my up to a GM of a professional team.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- I clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save my family member because I can’t say if the 3 strangers would do the same for me. Family over everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Will Smith or Denzel Washington, they have amazing power minds. They are Role models
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life has been developing myself into a better version of myself. I continue to pray and fight everyday to get what I want out of life.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment I have had was messing up a speech in front of my teammates.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My most memorable play of my collegiate career may have been against Wisconsin Plattville. I caught a swing pass and cut across field making players miss for a 40 yard touchdown to take the lead and ultimately win the game.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I have heart and I will never give up.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- I would name it “Bounce”
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected. I don’t care if someone doesn’t like me and respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt. He made a bad decision but he was really good man I was hurt for him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents. They both have done a great job keeping me mentally focused and motivating me to chase my dreams.