- Hergy Mayala
- University of Connecticut
- Twitter: @BigPlayHm
- 40 rec – 361 yards – 9.03 YPR – 5 TDs.
What is your name?
- Hergy Mayala.
Where do you play College Football?
- University Of Connecticut.
What position do you play?
- Wide Receiver.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2″ 206lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Growing up I played soccer, football, basketball and hockey.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- So far I’ll probably have to say Mike Hughes (CB UCF 2017-2018 – Minnesota Vikings – 2018 Round 1 Pick 30).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- A mix of drake, future and RCG Melo.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I gotta get tape before doing anything.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mother as always been my role model, she had to sacrifice a lot to make sure that I get a chance.
You are a Communications major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I chose a communication major with the intent of learning how to clearly communicate to the people around me or when called to do it in front of a more professional audience.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class so far has been a nutrition class I took during the summer following my freshmen year and my least favorite was anthropology.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Probably attending a Stephen A. Smith talk.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite players growing up were Ray Lewis and AJ green, Ray Lewis work ethic and passion for the game was always fascinating to me and AJ Green professionalism and character.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I’d probably choose any movies with Denzel Washington as a main star and me being his sidekick.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Micheal Jordan.
- Kobe Bryant.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- The historical figure I would most want to meet is Martin Luther king, because of the impact he had on his generation.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero is Superman because he can do it all and do have much of a weakness.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is dedicating your all to your craft and try to perfect it day in and day out.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That time never stops for anyone and you have to take advantage of everyday because before you know it, it will pass by.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To get my license as soon as possible.
Why do you wear #1?
- I wear number 1 because it’s a number that it easily recognize on the field and with that comes pressure of performing everyday.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- My personal favorite is Kobe, a relentless competitor that didn’t accept losing and so was Jordan but I grew up watching Kobe.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One and a back and forth between 2K and Madden.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My most memorable memory so far happened my freshman year when we defeated Houston and reached a bowl game and that is a place we’re trying to go back this year.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I can’t really think of anything, maybe always be healthy and never getting tired are the only two that comes in mind.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can juggle a little bit and play the flute.
If there is a book written about Hergy Mayala, what is the title?
- I think “Inside Out” would a good title.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Get to a bowl game.
- Be the best at what I do.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Not really I’m more of a movie guy.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Getting treatment, watch film or work out.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- There has been a lot of great QBs in the past and even greater ones coming up, any one that would throw it to me I’ll catch it.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Hergy Mayala, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- My mother inspires me a lot and the place where I came from also pushes me to do more.