- Name: Germell Jenkins
- Height: 6-1
- Weight: 212
- Position: Safety
- College: Georgetown College
- Twitter: @MelJenkins10
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My Hometown is called Grayson, Georgia and what I love most about it is that it is the first place I lived for over a period of two years, and it is where I met most of my long life friends, it was a very close-knit, family oriented community.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- They are all equally important because it all goes into how your performance on Saturdays for college athletes, and Sundays for professionals. If I had to pick an order it would go film first because without film how would you know what to practice for? What to look for out of your opponent? Tendencies out of different players and habits that you pick up from them throughout the course of a game and what you can take away from them to limit their performance. Secondly, practice would be next because practice does not make perfect but practice makes permanent. Practice is where you go and take what you learned from film and all of the X’s and O’s and apply it. Practicing is so important because how you practice throughout the course of the week will show on Game Day, and it is a place where you can perfect your craft. Then strength and conditioning, it is very important because the stronger you are the more you are able to sustain hits and blows to your body. You must take care of your body in the offseason and during the season and one way to do that is to be up and working hard on that strength and conditioning so come game day you aren’t having to come out for a banged up body part. Strength and conditioning is something done year round as well. But, speaking from an “in-season” mindset this would be my order.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I do not worry about anything, the reason being is I serve a good and gracious God that has me covered in my walk with life, and when you truly believe in him you do not have worries. You can never get on your knees and pray at night and then worry at the same time. My faith is too big to ever be worried about anything.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed at not being able to start or play my junior year of high school on the football field. My first reaction was to quit and walk away from the game, but then I had a sit down with my coach and I talked with my family, and there was no way I could quit on my brothers on that field who I had created a bond with. The second reaction was to bust my fail that next spring and summer to where I couldn’t be denied and give my best effort, I overcame that got to start my senior year and now I’ve been blessed to play college football for these past four years.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- They say my best quality is that I am a smart and have great instincts, which allows me to position myself in great situations to make plays.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Clayton Nicholas, this guy could make any throw on the football field, and had that swagger and confidence that he was the baddest dude.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- My career would be working for Footlocker, Inc. as an allocator for the Kids Footlocker Division
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, if my room isn’t clean I do not want to be in it, gotta keep the place clean where you lay your head down at night
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member, that’s the person who has been with me since I was born, I would hate to see the other three innocent people go, but family first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Goku from Dragonball Z, Goku is very relentless and is always striving for ways to get better at his craft and
I love that passion because it reminds me of myself
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Biggest adversity had to be my senior year where I was injured the whole year trying to play through it the whole season. It kept me from getting those large offers and to maintain a stable relationship with those coaches because of my injury, which kept me out some games. That was a hard time in my life because I do not know where I would be if I was able to play in most of my games healthy. I dealt with injury by playing through it in some cases, and gave my best effort in the games I was able to participate in and was blessed enough to get an offer and play at the collegiate level after my senior season was over.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment would have to be passing gas in class and having the teacher stop a lecture to talk about how nasty and disrespectful it is to pass gas during class
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Catching a clutch interception in my first collegiate playoff game against baker in 2017 for a touchdown
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Hustle Hard by Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Will power, the reason I say will power, is because we all have but we all don’t use it, the will to want to learn a new system, the will to be better and do better, the will to compete, the will to be the best! I think a lot of people forget how strong the “will” of a person is. If you can see it, and you can believe it, then you can achieve it.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Bernie Mac, I love the guys personality and would love to sit and talk with him
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Nobody, they are all in the NFL for a reason
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, respect is earned not given and when people respect you that means you are doing something right, if you don’t like me that’s on you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Johnny Manziel, guy had so much potential and in my opinion was a great athlete, but allowed his surroundings to make him lose the vision of what he really wanted.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose, I cannot stand lose, but losing can be good thing and turned into a lesson if you learn from it.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father George Jenkins, he is the person that has made me into the man I am today, he is a true family man, a man of wisdom, and more importantly a man of God. His unconditional love is something that can never be replaced. The man he is I hope to be half of that one day, because he is a prime example of a great father and great husband.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Tiki Barber agrees with the Giants trading Odell Beckham Jr. nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/odell-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 9 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Draymond Green’s Son Is No Longer Allowed to Watch the NBA After Developing This Bad Habit bit.ly/2X1MP3K
about 29 mins ago via IFTTT
- XFL Diamonds: Potential Prospects for the XFL 2020 – Defensive Front 7 Edition nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/xfl-3/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Constructive Dismissal Solicitor– Employment Law Compensation Claims bit.ly/30wtI3Z
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: James Robinson, RB, Illinois State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/james-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro