- Gaje Ferguson
- Utah State University
- Twitter: G23_Ferg
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 All-Mountain West Football Honorable Mention.
- 68 Total Tackles – 3.0 TFL – 1.0 Sacks – 1 FR – 2 INTs.
What is your name?
- Gaje Jace Ferguson.
Where do you play College Football?
- Utah State University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
What made you choose Utah State?
- It’s my hometown and I thought it would be a unique opportunity to play in front of my family and friends.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, wrestling, baseball, basketball, and track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Donnel Pumphrey is the first to come to mind.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, Post Malone, J-Cole, Mac Miller, Wiz Khalifa. I also like 80’s rock and instrumental music.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, superstitions are signs of weakness.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad. He is the most selfless guy I’ve ever been around. He sacrifices so much to provide for his 9 children. He also works harder than any dad I know, he enjoys doing it too.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite- English 2020 (I really enjoyed the writing assignments).
- Least favorite- MIS 2100 (basically learned how to use excel).
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting new friends who bring different perspectives into my world. I enjoy doing new things with new people.
What NFL team would you prefer to play for, why?
- I don’t have a preference. I think any team would be such an awesome opportunity for my wife and myself.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I didn’t have a favorite NFL team I just had favorite players. I loved Adrian Peterson growing up because I played running back and I thought he ran the ball with a ton of grit and determination. Ray Lewis was another favorite because he played with so much energy.
What current NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Andrew Sendejo.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Braveheart and I would be the main character William Wallace (Mel Gibson).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Conner McGregor.
- Bill Gates.
- Steve Jobs.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My mom. Because she does things no other human is capable of.
What is your definition of hard work?
- When the effort you give is worthy of making yourself better and improving your skills it becomes hard work.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- To believe in yourself when no one else does.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Better film.
Why do you wear #23?
- I lost two brothers in a car wreck; one had a basketball jersey that was #23.
What is the best part of your hometown, Mendon, UT?
- The evenings are very peaceful and beautiful. At the end of the day, it’s a place that makes you feel happy to be alive.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- Kobe because I wasn’t able to really experience the Jordan era and although I respect and acknowledge his greatness I’m not the biggest LeBron fan. Kobe would never be ok with losing and I’ve seen LeBron lose games with a smile on his face. I also think that Kobe competes so much harder than LeBron does which makes me respect his game so much more.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I don’t play video games.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Earning my scholarship as a walk-on and not having to try and come up with money for school anymore.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I would want to be 6’2.
- To create a time machine.
- To get 100 more wishes.
What is your hidden talent?
- Not sure if it’s a talent but I enjoy drawing.
If there is a book written about Gaje Ferguson, what is the title?
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Exploring Canada’s wilderness.
- Deep sea diving with sharks.
Are you binge-watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Not currently.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Aaron Rodgers, because I think he is the best one in the game!
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Utah State football team?
- I want to lead my team in tackles and turnovers. I want to be the Mountain West Defensive Player of the year and to be recognized as a candidate in the running for the Burlsworth Trophy.
- Our team goals are to win the Mountain West Championship and our bowl game.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Gaje Ferguson, what would they be?
What is your inspiration?
- My two little brothers that past away when I was 15. I try to live my life to the fullest because I live for them. I like to think they would have been a lot better athletes than myself and so I play for them and what they never got to become. They inspire me to push past what I thought were limits and raise my level of play to new heights.
- My family ties in with that because they have been through so much since the accident and they are all such amazing people that I want to become something amazing for them. My dreams of playing in the NFL are never thought about without them in the picture cheering me on.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Got it #WritesDownSteelersFootball twitter.com/devinbushfan/s…
about 4 hours ago
- That Canelo fight sucked. For real Canelo was getting the business up until that uppercut. I think they knew he wa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- I like how everyone was hoping #DogeCoin would skyrocket and instead it plummeted!
about 4 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...