NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Ethan Williams
• Height: “6’1.5”
• Weight: 175
• Position: CB
• College: Averett University
• Twitter: @Ewilly27
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Knoxville, Tennessee the (865), What I like most about Knoxville is the rich history that the city has and also the pride that the people have to be from this great city.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1) Film Study-Film is important because that is where you can learn the most about your opponent. That is where you pick up on tendencies and if you do that it allows you to know what to expect come game day.
2) Practice- I put practice second because when you hit the practice field that’s where you can work on your craft and perfect your technique.
3) Strength and conditioning-Finally come strength and conditioning, I put this last because after you learn the other team’s tendencies and work on your technique in practice, then you go to the weight room to get physically ready for a game. I think the game is more mental and then the physical aspects come in after.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I tend to worry about my Granny a lot, with me being away from her after she raised me all my life I just think about her being okay. My granny is a huge part of my life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I first got to college I told myself that I only wanted to make A’s and B’s, I made it a point that a C is unacceptable, but unfortunately, I ended up making a C in my math class my freshman year. I was upset with that grade because I had set my goals so high, but after that, I made it an emphasis to study harder and put more time into the books, and I am able to say that with one semester to go in college I’ve not made a C since.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I believe they would say that my best quality is my work ethic, I made a promise to myself that I would give 100% in everything I do, whether that’s in practice, a game, or in workouts and I bring everything I have every day.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Terrance Owens has to be the best player that I have faced in college.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would like to be a sports analyst or an agent.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, I feel like your energy starts in your room and if you wake up to a clean room then you would most likely be in a better mood when starting your day.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• That is a tough question, and I understand the three lives to one concept, but I am a family guy and I love my family very much, so I would save my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be SpiderMan, I could only imagine what it would be like to be able to shoot webs and swing from building to building. Climbing up walls would be a plus as well.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity that I had to deal with was when I made a decision to transfer schools right before my senior year, I felt like I had to make that move in order to be happy playing ball my senior year. When I made that decision, I didn’t know where I was headed or if I would even get a chance to play ball again, but I continued to pray, workout and
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when we played against berry college and I got tackled on punt return and my pants were basically off in front of everyone.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I have to say that my most memorable play in college was my 91-yard interception return against Emory & Henry my sophomore year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hard in da paint- Waka Flaka Flame
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Like I said, brains are an important trait to have. When you understand the game on a different level and you can outthink your opponents, then that’s when your game goes to a different level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• This is tough because there are a few people that I would love to bring back, but I will have to say that I would bring my uncle Kevin Brown back. He was just like a father to me and he always wanted the best for me. I would love for him to see the things that I have accomplished, I know he would be so proud of me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Den
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Cam Newton
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked. Anyone could be liked, and it really doesn’t mean anything, but when you can earn the respect of others that’s a huge deal and respect can take you a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• AJ Johnson, former linebacker at the University of Tennessee, I say that because I’ve seen him ball out and then have his career put on hold because of a lie that a female told because she was embarrassed of the decisions she made. AJ was projected to go first round, but that went down the drain very quickly. He was found not guilty four years later but for those four years he was labeled as something that he wasn’t. He can never get those years back or his senior night and that sucks and is unfair to him.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My best friend Adam Diggs has been one of the biggest influences on my life. We have been friends since 4th grade, we went to elementary, middle and high school together. We were blessed to get to go to college together and even be roommates while in college. Adam has been there for me through the good times and the bad, he has given me plenty of advice and continues to do that to this day. He sets a great example and pushes me like no one else can. He has taken time out of his life to
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for June 17, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7Zb9ocamdm
about 24 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Super Kamara: Alvin Kamara has turned into a dominant running back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/alvin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Super Kamara: Alvin Kamara has turned into a dominant running back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/alvin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for June 17, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZMVZtEfGAL
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Meet Model Jessica Martin, Steph Curry FaceTimed Drake After Finals & The Mountain Loses World’s Strongest Man Title bit.ly/2RkHPoY
about 4 hours ago via IFTTT