- Name: Diante Flowers
• Height: 6’1″
• Position: DE
• College: Arizona Christian University
• Twitter: @diante_flowers
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I live in Phoenix Arizona, and what I love about living here
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film, because it is important to go over to fix mistakes and also pick up tendencies and gain advantages over opponents, Strength and Conditioning everything starts in the weight room, if someone isn’t giving it there all and being lazy, it is going to translate on to the field, and it is important to maintain strength during the season to avoid injuries, then practice to prepare for your opponent every week.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I do not worry because I know God had a plan for me
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
I know how to get after it in the weight room.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• When I was in Junior College I played against Garrett Boles, who was drafted by the Broncos in the first round, he was at tackle calling out the pass protection and was able to read our plays quickly and was able to tell what we were running up front before the ball was snapped.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a security guard full time, but I try not to think about not playing football
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because it is a discipline thing to wake up and make my bed when I first wake up, then car, because that is what people see you in the most and to me, the condition of your car shows what kind of person you are, then I would clean my desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my sister, I don’t know what I would do without her
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Goku he is the strongest being in the Universe.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being overlooked, I just kept on working hard and trusting in God
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was having a conversation with my sister in the store and she walked off and I did not know I was talking for a while and I turned around and looked and she was nowhere around and people were looking at me like I was crazy.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Our 3rd game of the season we played Lyon College in Arkansas, and we were in overtime they went for the field goal, and I came through the line and forced the kicker to miss
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My heart, I have always been undersized for my position, but I never let that hold me back and gave it my all on the field
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandpa, so he can see everything that I’ve accomplished
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Dak Prescott
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because someone can like you and still not respect you for who you are and what you value and what you are trying to accomplish in life, and being respected can take you a lot farther in life than being liked by everyone.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, was one of the best receivers in NFL for a while, but he couldn’t leave drugs alone, and his mental health is taking a toll on him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, it is a terrible feeling when you give it your all on the field and still come up short of the win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• God is the biggest influence on my life, I try to live my life in a way that glorifies him.