- De’Themeyus “Bull” Barge
- University of South Alabama
- Twitter: @BullBarge
- 79 Total Tackles – 5.0 TFL – 1 INT.
What is your name?
- Dethemeyus “Bull” Barge.
Where do you play College Football?
- University of South Alabama.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’10″ 225lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played basketball and ran track as well.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Darrell Henderson (RB – University of Memphis – 2016-2018).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Young Thug.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Before a game i can’t be to playful because most of the time it throws off my focus.
Who is your role model & why?
- Ray Lewis he was told he was too small entering the NFL and then he became one of the greatest.
You are a Leisure Studies major. What made you pursue that subject?
- Because if football isn’t my future i will pursue a career of coaching.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class Math/Least favorite Psychology.
What made you choose the University of South Alabama?
- The reason I chose to come to the University of South Alabama was because they were my first D-1 offer. They believed in me before everyone else did, therefore it felt that much better to be apart of that program.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- The people I’ve been able to meet while in mobile has been one of my best experiences outside of football.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up I had a favorite player therefore whatever team he was on he was on it was my favorite: LaDainian Tomlinson. The Chargers and Jets were my favorite team because he played for them.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If i could be in any movie i would be in the book of Eli and I would be Eli (Denzel Washington) because the movie is how a blind moved by faith no sight to get to his destination and God protected him the whole way and it’s similar to my situation now.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- LeBron James.
- Ray Lewis.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Micheal Jordan because he was the first to do what he did and would like to see his journey through his eyes.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Hulk- no matter who you or how big he feels like he can smash you.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is when everybody feels like what you doing isn’t needed or worth it and you go harder and your results out ways there opinions.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Talent didn’t make most of the greats, it was there mindset.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Attack everyday as if it was your last no matter the situation.
Why do you wear #8?
- One of the greatest players in my high school history wore number 8 and my first year wearing it in high school I had 196 tackles. From that point on that became my favorite number.
What is the best part of your hometown, Moultrie, GA?
- The support and love the whole city gives to the athletes that go off and represent it well.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron, because he is an enhancer he makes those around him be who they were called to be not just an average teammate.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4 and Fortnite and Madden.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Becoming the 5th all-time tackler in school history, I left a mark.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Make where my family will forever be financially taken care of.
- My boys to grow up valuing life.
- A successful NFL Career.
What is your hidden talent?
If there is a book written about Bull Barge, what is the title?
- “Conquering the Impossible.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel outside the country.
- Visit different parts of California.
- Put my parents on there first flight.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- Lethal Weapon.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would use it for a nap because that is one thing that i do the least.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Jerome Bettis. I know there would be no shaking involved he would try to run me over and that’s what I like.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Bull Barge?
- Fundamentally sound.
What is your inspiration?
- My mom is my inspiration.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- London Fletcher.