- Name: Derek Gray Jr
• Height: 5’10
• Weight: 190
• Position: Running Back/Athlete
• College: Missouri Western State University
• Twitter: @Dgray06jr
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from St. Joseph Missouri I born and raised here with both parents and my little brother. What I love most about it, is the feeling of family and how there are always people in my corner pushing me to better myself.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning andPractice?
• My order for this three based off importance would film study because I want to be a student of the game and be able to know when certain things are going to happen on certain downs and know the defensive tendencies. Second, I would pick practice because I always want to perfect my craft and be the best, I can be to help the team. I would select strength and conditioning third because of numbers matter, but they really don’t when you have a great work ethic and a lot of heart.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about providing and helping my family because I grew up with both parents who would do anything for my brother and I and I want to be able to do the same for them at some point in my life.
Give me an example
• I have failed at a lot of things in life,as far as for football I have failed at lifting weights or conditioning. Ireacted by getting back up and going after it again until I succeed in whateverit may be. I never let the failuresbring me down I always look on the bright side and see what I can do better toimprove.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say that my teammates say my best quality is my work ethic and my leadership.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have played against in college is Connor Harris his field IQ was good.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football my career would be to be a coach at a university.
Room, desk, and car –which do you clean first?
• I would clean my car first because that is first thing people would see and I want to be presentable.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member, because I am huge believer
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Denzel Washington because he is a great actor and plays his roles good in all of his movies.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life is when my Grandma and my baby cousin passed away, It was hard to deal with but I kept looking at the positives and everything I did on or off the football field I did for them.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One time at a basketball game I was walking down the stairs and missed a step and fell there
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play was this year when we were playing against Fort Hays State and they were ranked #5 in the nation I scored a touchdown in the 3rd quarter to put us ahead,
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work Hard Play Hard by Wiz Khalifa
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed
• Most important trait I have would be my work ethic and my football IQ
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my Grandma back she never got to see me play college ball and that is one thing I wanted her to be able to experience.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it Big Cash
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• There isn’t an overrated, if you are in the NFL you are good.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would much rather want to be respected than liked because if you are respected they will like you because you always stick to your word. But If you are liked you don’t always have to be respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice because one wrong decision in the heat of the moment can ruin your career.
Do you love to win,or hate to lose?
• I hate losing it is the worse feeling. Because when it happens I always think of things I could have done better to help the team.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father has the biggest influence on my life because he grew up without a father and just his mother and now he does everything in his power to provide for a family and my goal in life is to be just like him!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Got it #WritesDownSteelersFootball twitter.com/devinbushfan/s…
about 3 hours ago
- That Canelo fight sucked. For real Canelo was getting the business up until that uppercut. I think they knew he wa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- I like how everyone was hoping #DogeCoin would skyrocket and instead it plummeted!
about 3 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...