NFL Draft Diamond Prospect Interview: DeJuan Neal, DB, Shepherd University
- Name: DeJuan Neal
- Height: 5’11
- Position: CB, S
- College: Shepherd University
- Twitter: Polo_Pooch
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Born in Annapolis Maryland and grew up in Shady Side Maryland. Small area but I love that most of my family is close by so I’m always chilling wit them.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, Practice, and Strength and Conditioning. Film study first because you need to know team tendencies and strength and weaknesses. Practice is where you practice on perfecting you craft. Strength and conditioning helps you from becoming fatigued so you can play full speed every single snap.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Don’t really worry about to much. Whatever the outcome is I live with the result.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I can’t remember an exact time I failed at something but I learn from all my failures to make sure it won’t happen again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My ability to make plays and lock up and play man to man defense.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Former teammate Billy Brown
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Coaching or training
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, desk, car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- My family member because my family is all I got
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Superman he was my favorite superhero growing up.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Don’t know an exact time but with football comes a lot of adversity you just gotta talk things out and get back on the right track.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Being on ESPN for the wrong reason.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Every play I made I will always remember.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Derez De’Shon- Hardaway
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- The ability to adapt to anything. If you can pick up on things quickly you will be able to get through a lot.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Probably my great grandma she meant everything to me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The Lituation
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t think any player is overrated in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I rather be respected. You don’t have to like me but you going respect me.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My family because they supported me throughout my entire football career. I would love for them to see me play at the next level.