NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: DeAndre Easterling, DE, Indiana University of PA
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: DeAndre Easterling
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 233
- Position: DE/OLB
- College: Indiana University of PA
- Twitter: @_deandrai
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Washington D.C, and I love my city because of the people. My friends and family who live there have helped me be the man I am today.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about my why. My why is my family, and I always want to be able to provide for them to the best of my ability; also for the ones who can’t be with us today. I just want to make them proud.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- An example of a time I failed is this season. Our team failed to make the playoffs for the first time in four years. I am currently dealing with that failure and am working to overcome negative thoughts by working as hard as I can to make my dream a reality.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my quickness off the edge and my passion for the game are my best qualities.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The best player I ever played against in college was definitely Jordan Morgan. He plays O-line for the Bears
What song best describes your work ethic?
- We Ball by Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My quickness off the edge and my motor
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win no matter what. I’ve always had winning seasons throughout my football career, and I don’t plan on discontinuing that trend. I’m a winner at heart.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom has the biggest influence on my life because she is my biggest supporter through thick and thin.