Name: D.J Doggett
• Height: 6’3″
• Weight: 260
• Position: Defensive End/OLB
• College: Midwestern State University
• Twitter: @Ddogg_44
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Growing up in Fort Worth I would go to Sundance Square all the time and enjoy the sites as well as the food I also lived only a few miles away from TCU and Dallas Cowboys Stadiums and I would go uo there every chance I got to catch a game or to run around on the field
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I believe they are equally important but if I had to put them in order I’d say. Film Study is the most crucial element. You have to not only know who you are individually going up against and how to beat them but you have to be able to recognize what you opponent is about to do out of each formation and react to it. Practice would be next because more often then not how you practice during the week determines how you will perform when gameday arrives. Lastly it’s strength and conditioning, you have to prepare your body for the rigors of practices and games. If you aren’t in top physical condition you won’t be able to perform at a high level for four quarters.
What do you worry about, and why?
•I worry about what I need to do to be successful both on and off of the field.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I became ineligible academically for the 2016 season after adopting lackadaisical attitude towards school. Initially felt lost not being able to pkay but I quickly took that year to focus on the importance of my studies and wound up getting a 4.0 that semester and graduated a year and a half later.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•That I’m a grinder. I’m willing to do the dirty work and play through
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• it’s a tie between Erik Nelson RT from Minnesota State- Mankato and Travis Vornkhal RT from West Texas A&M
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would for sure be an Athletic Director at a University
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
•Definitely my room. Having a clean living space helps me have a clear mind
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
•I’d probably try to save all 4. Family is the most important thing in the world to me. But they also taught me that if you see a stranger in need that you would try to help them as if they were family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Black Lightning. The guy does what he has to do to protect his family and his town
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When I became ineligible I lost my scholarship, my spot on the team temporarily and had to pay for school out of pocket for the next two semesters. I wound up working late nights and early mornings in order to pay for my classes and would sleep 4 hours a night at the most. Even the following spring when I earned my spot back on the team I had to prove I was commited enough to earn my scholarship back. Thankfully I did and I was able to play my sebiot year while attending graduate school.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Dropping a potential pick 6 in the conference championship in 2017 that aired on ESPN.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Sacking Ben Holmes on 3rd down in a top 10 matchup on homecoming night against Tarleton State
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Til I collapse-Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A worker’s mentality and a strong sense of urgency
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Reggie White. He was one of my father’s favorite players and I would love to hear the stories of what it was like playing in his day.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Dog house. A play on the first 3 letters of my last name
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Every NFL player is there for a reason can’t anyone of them is overrated
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, in life you may not get along sith everyone but if you do your job well enough you can earn anyone’s respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
•Randy Gregory for sure, he was one of my favorite players coming out of that draft class. Unfortunately, he let his off the field issues get in the way of what could have been an extremely promising career. Props to him for recently getting things back on track!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, I’m extremely competitive and expect the best from myself
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother Lubirtha. No matter what life has thrown at her she takes it in stride and comes out of any bad situation in a better spot than before. She’s the most caring person I know and would give a stranger the shirt off of her back if necessary
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Effects of CBD and Why CBD Topicals Don’t Work for Some People nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/cbd-3/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/dEuBeK29ZE
about 36 mins ago
- Breaking: Steelers are expected to sign LS Christian Kuntz to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/christ… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Draft buzz: Catching up with Central Arkansas CB Robert Rochell nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/robert… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/26mMXUdyUP
about 57 mins ago
- Fantasy Football: Target Leaders By Position After 11 Weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/target… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kary Vincent Jr., DB, LSU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/kary-v… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wewcWQgze6
about 1 hour ago