- Cody Conway
- Syracuse University
- Twitter: @CodyConway13
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 All-ACC Football Honorable Mention.
What is your name?
- Cody Conway.
Where do you play College Football?
- Syracuse University.
What position do you play?
- Left Tackle.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’6’’ 300 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played both basketball and baseball growing up and continued to play basketball all through high school.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- That’s hard to say, I have played against a lot of great players and some of the best pass rushers in the nation.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I normally don’t listen to my own music before the games kind of just listen to whatever is being played over the speakers.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I don’t really have any pre-game superstitions.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my dad, I have seen how hard he has worked for me to enjoy all the things I have in life. He has also made time to be extremely involved in my life and support me in all that I do.
You are a Sport Management major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I feel like with sports being such a major part of my life starting at a young age it is something I could never truly give up. I wanted to stay involved with sports whether it be as a player or someone behind the scenes.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I really enjoy math and science classes because they both come easy to me and my least favorite class was writing.
What made you choose Syracuse University?
- I felt at home with Syracuse and felt like it was a place that would give me many opportunities in life. I also felt that I would have the chance to play early in my career which was something I was excited about.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experiences would likely be the ones spent with my teammates, I have made a lot of friends in my time at Syracuse and feel like we have had a lot of good times outside of football.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I have been a Panthers fan my whole life which led to my favorite player being Steve Smith. I always looked up to the effort Steve Smith played with and the excitement he had for the game.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I think it would be pretty cool to be a character in any of the Star Wars movies, having the ability to use the force and essentially control things with my mind would definitely be fun.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Kevin Hart, Shaq, and Walt Disney. I think this would be a very interesting and entertaining meal.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Spider man because he is a hero who you really get the opportunity to see into his real life and see that he is just an average person. The idea of a person living a normal life and becoming a super hero is different than a lot of other heros.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Is when you put all your effort towards accomplishing a goal where the task is completed to the best of your ability no matter the circumstances.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I learned how fast life goes by and that it is important to pay attention to every detail of life no matter how big or small.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would probably tell myself to reconsider playing baseball in high school, it is something I miss and looking back it is a part of my life I gave up too early.
Why do you wear #60?
- No reason, it was just the number I got when coming to Syracuse.
What is the best part of your hometown, Plainfield, IL?
- The best part of Plainfield is the food especially the Pizza, it is the first thing I go to get every time I go home.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- I would go with LeBron because I feel like he is the most dynamic of the group., He excels at every aspect of the game.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Im an Xbox One guy, and my go to games right now are Madden 19 and Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Beating Clemson at home and being able to experience are fans rushing the field was one moment I will never be able to forget it was a great time for everyone involved.
What is your hidden talent?
- I don’t have any hidden talents but I am still hoping that I can find one.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go golfing in Scotland.
- Visit Australia.
- Visit Africa
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- Friends and The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could pancake block any NFL D-Lineman, past or present, who would it be & why?
- It would be a great feeling to pancake Mean Joe Greene. He is one of the best to ever play the game and was an extremely aggressive player who I don’t picture being put on the ground very often.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Cody Conway?
What is your inspiration?
- I would say my inspiration comes from my competitive nature and wanting to be the best at whatever I am doing.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- I honestly don’t know who I would compare myself to in the NFL.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Larry Rountree III, RB, University of Missouri nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/larry-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/NiYMBhFWvx
about 13 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Austin Ekeler Injury Update, Dr. Morse feels Ekeler is ready to go!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Effects of CBD and Why CBD Topicals Don’t Work for Some People nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/cbd-3/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iwdKVHKoLw
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Joe Burrow Injury Update, Could he miss the 2021 NFL season as well?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Austin Ekeler Injury Update, Dr. Morse feels Ekeler is ready to go!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago