- Name: Christian Jacquemin
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 205
- Position: K/P
- College: Jackson State University
- Twitter: c_jaq39
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Miami, FL. What I love most about it is how there are so many different people and foods from all over the world and the work ethic people have back home.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice/strength and conditioning/ film study. I wouldn’t necessarily say one is more important than the other but with kicking and punting practice is the best way to perfect your craft. Strength and conditioning plays a big role because your legs need to be in shape and be able to last a whole game. And fill study is extremely important because it allows you to see the other teams schemes and how they like to set up their returns or blocks.
What do you worry about, and why?
- You can only control what you can control so there’s no need to worry.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I had an opportunity for a game winning field goal last year and I missed, it was heartbreaking but I knew there was a whole season left to play and my team was going to need me and I couldn’t let 1 missed kick define the rest of my season. I ended up making a game winner later in that year and since then I’ve only missed 3 field goals in 19 games.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- The best qualities my teammates say I have is my leadership abilities even as a kicker and knowing all the assignments guys have on all of the special teams. Also the swag and energy I bring to practice and the sideline, I like to hype guys up and give guys motivational talks to bring the best out of them. And my confidence, believing that every time I went out to attempt a field goal I was going to convert and put points on the board for the team.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The best return man I’ve ever played against is definitely Willie Quinn, he was extremely explosive and elusive and has a great ability to return kicks.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I think I would be playing soccer, that is something I played my whole life until I came to college and was what I was going to pursue until I decided to play football and take this route.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Desk, I would attack the smaller problem first before trying to clean the bigger items.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I wouldn’t want to see anything bad happen to those three strangers but I would have to save a family member, that’s someone who has been supporting
me and has unconditional love.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would chose Spider-Man, I think it would be super cool to save people from hurt, harm and danger and it would be pretty cool to swing through the city on spider webs.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- The biggest adversity I’ve had is when I tore my ACL. I was devastated and heartbroken. Doctors told me I wouldn’t play football ever again and I wasn’t going to let that happen. I had surgery and attacked the rehab hard and was back on the football field in 6 months!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment was when I missed the field goal to win the game against Tennessee State
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- I would have to say it wasn’t 1 particular play but against FAMU I was 4/4 on field goal attempts 3 over 40 yards and a game winner
What song best describes your work ethic?
- I would say ‘Closer’ by Mike Stud the song is about how close he is to a dream and how nothing will stop him from achieving that dream.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I believe keeping a positive attitude and mindset. Everything isn’t going to work out in your favor but you can’t let failure stop you from achieving your dreams.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring my grandfather back, he passed away before I was born but was a head football coach in Miami and always wanted his grand children to play football, so I would love for him to be able to see me now.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t believe there are any, if you’re playing in the NFL it’s because the coaches and GM’s believe you can help them win.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, I would rather someone respect me for who I am rather than like me for someone I’m not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Chad Ocho-Cinco Johnson, he is one of my favorite receivers to ever play and wish I could’ve watched him play for a longer period of time.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Both, I believe winning makes you want to continue to win and work hard to keep being successful. Losing is a terrible feeling and in order to not want to feel like that again you’ll work hard to win the next game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My defensive coordinator/head coach. Coach Hendrick has had an unbelievable amount to do with the growth I’ve had in college and the man I have become. He has taught me how to look at the bigger picture and to never give up hope. I’m truly grateful for what he’s done for me at my time at Jackson State.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for May 14, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Bills have QB Zach Smith, DL Nazair Jones, DL Eddie Vanderdoes, LB Joe Giles-Harris and WR Isaiah Ford in for their mini camp
about 34 mins ago
- Bills have Isaiah Ford in for their mini camp
about 36 mins ago
- This year two @NAIA football players were signed to the NFL! Alex Hoffman the OT from Carroll College and Donte Syl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Oh you just had to go there twitter.com/kfasehun74/sta…
about 39 mins ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Akayleb Evans. Together we...
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...