- Cedric Battle
- University of Central Arkansas
- Twitter: @ChillOut_L1ICed
What is your name?
- Cedric Battle Jr.
Where do you play College Football?
- University of Central Arkansas.
What position do you play?
- Running Back, Kick/Punt Return.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’10″ 190lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- My first sport I played was basketball, but Football won me over.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Kendall Sheffield from Ohio State.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I have a few Youngboy songs I listen to and the final song I listen to before I go out is “Who I Do It For” by Lucci.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No not really just go sit somewhere alone for about 15 mins.
Who is your role model & why?
- I never really had a role model, I grew up in Las Vegas, NV. I had a lot of people I had that I didn’t want to be like.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My least favorite class is probably communication, just because I don’t really like speaking in front of people.
What made you choose the University of Central Arkansas?
- Just felt it was the best fit for my school and football career after I left UAB, and I loved the striped field.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- The brotherhood off the field I still have with some of the dudes that I played with, From JUCO to UAB, to UCA I met some lifelong brothers.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up I didn’t really have a favorite team but I knew Terrell Davis and LT were two of my favorite running backs growing up.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could play in any movie I think it’ll have to be Friday Night Lights as Boobie Miles (Derek Luke) but without the injury because that movie was so intense and I would love to play in a game like that.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- It would have to be Kehlani, My grandfather, and My friend Lakarl. I say those 3 because Kehlani is my celebrity crush and my grandfather and Lakarl passed away and I wish I could get them back for one day.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Not being outworked, getting everything done your supposed to and pushing yourself 110% with whatever you do.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That people don’t really love you, they love what you can do for them.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- If I could go back I would tell my freshman self to chose one sport and take full advantage of it.
Why do you wear #1?
- I came into college wearing number 1 in juco, and wanted to finish how I started.
What is the best part of your hometown, Wichita Falls, TX?
- My daughters, that’s the best part of anything. They’re my blessing.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- I’m a big Kobe fan, he just have that killer mentality.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One and Madden and NBA 2K19 the only games I play.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Signing to a D1 leaving junior college. Everyone doesn’t make it out of that place so that will always have a special moment with me.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Make it in the NFL.
- Change my families lives.
- Be successful.
If there is a book written about Cedric Battle, what is the title?
- “The Free One.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Take my daughters to Harbour Island for the pink beach.
- Travel across the country.
- Buy My mother a home.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Getting better, always room for improvement.
If you could run over any NFL LB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Ray Lewis, cause he the toughest one to do it.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Cedric Battle?
What is your inspiration?
- My daughters, I want to succeed so bad for them and show them a life I never really had. They mean the world to me and they deserve everything.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- I personally don’t compare myself to anyone because I want to be my own man, but I get a lot of Tyreek hill and Tavon Austin.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Phillies Owner is in Las Vegas Meeting with Bryce Harper ift.tt/2TcTA4j
about 30 mins ago via IFTTT
- Been there!! The heat is intense twitter.com/tomhall/status…
about 37 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Congrats twitter.com/chometheleo/st…
about 44 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Poor guy twitter.com/alexsteinnn/st…
about 46 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Antonio Vargas is a beast https://t.co/QVQTwtxv4H
about 59 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone