- Name: Antoine Conner (AJ)
• Height: 5’8
• Weight: 195
• Position: Runningback
• College: Upper Iowa University
• Twitter: @AconnerRb
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
I’m from the South side of Chicago, born and raised! I love the view of the skyline at night. The food culture and of course the Chicago Bears!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice
1. Strength and Conditioning- You can watch all the films and practice every day but if your body isn’t equipped the way it’s supposed to be, it’s all for no reason. The body is our tool.
2. Practice- making muscle memory connections in practice adds to strength and conditioning it makes us even better players
3. Film Study- after getting the body in tune, film is what we need to over take our competitors.
What do you worry about, and why?
I worry about making it. I’m my families support and everybody is depending on me. I have to make a way.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
I was a D1 running back at South Dakota. Unfortunately, I wasn’t given the opportunity to play.
I felt like I failed because football was how I defined myself. I didn’t let it stop me though. I transferred to D2 and kept my football dreams alive.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Motivator and a leader.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
One family member. I hate to see my family hurt and struggling. They really are my whole world and everything I do, I do to put them in a better place.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
The Flash- I love running and I’d love to feel what running at the speed of light would feel like.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
I lost my brother and mentor, Rocky Clark in 2012. He taught me everything I knew about football. He made sure I stayed out of trouble and focused on ball. I told myself to keep working hard and continue to play for him.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
One day I got pushed in the pool by one of my teammates. Since I can’t swim I had to be rescued by one of my teammates.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
I scored the game winning touchdown against the 11th team in the country, Winona State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
Meek Mill- 1942
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
Having a strong mind and work ethic. And also being coachable.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
My little sister, Amina.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
I can’t call anyone overrated that made it to the league.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Respected. Respect takes you a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Ernie Davis because his dreams got cut short over something he had no control over.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
Rocky Clark! He guided me. Taught me everything I know about the game. He kept me in check.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 12 Recap: Carolina Panthers vs. Minnesota Vikings ift.tt/2JrPCkU
about 30 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Tennessee Titans vs. Indianapolis Colts ift.tt/39tZW70
about 30 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Cleveland Browns vs. Jacksonville Jaguars ift.tt/3o4nSC0
about 30 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Tyler Witt, OL, Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Tg5VI9vOzD
about 42 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Panthers WR suffered an Ankle/Achilles injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/d-j-mo…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago