- Name: Zachary Cannon
- Height: 6’3 1/2
- Weight: 310
- Position: Defensive Tackle
- College: Johnson C. Smith University
- Twitter: Ape8Cann
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Washington D.C and what I love most about the city is our unique culture and style.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice
- Strength and Conditioning
- Film Study
I would put strength and conditioning first because you must keep your body in the condition to play at a high level and avoid injury. Film study kind of goes hand and hand with strength and conditioning because the higher your IQ for the game then the more plays you will make. Practice is the time to put both tools in play and better your craft.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about failing because I always want to succeed so I allow failing to motivate me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- This past season I had my worst game against Winston Salem State University and I came back the next game and had 6 tackles, 1TFL, and a sack.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammate says my best quality is my determination.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Trenton Cannon the running back from Virginia State
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Real Estate agent
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member because family always comes first for me outside of God
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Martin Lawrence because he is my favorite comedian
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity was when I transfer from junior college to Johnson C. Smith. I was originally committed to the University of Massachusetts but then found out that I was 10 credits short. I overcame this by transferring to Johnson C. Smith University and giving this program everything I had.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My freshman year in high school I got juked by a quarterback
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable play in my collegiate career was a sack against Chowan on 4th down to give our offense the ball with 2 minutes left in the game.