- Name: Tyler Davis
- Height: 6’2
- Position: Center
- College: The Citadel
- Twitter: @tylertheman6
- I am from Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. We are the Seafood Capital of South Carolina but I enjoy living by the beach the most.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Strength, and Conditioning, then Practice. Film Study is first because it feeds into the other two. Film Study is where you learn and see what you can improve on. Strength and conditioning are second because you can’t effectively practice if you’re not in shape. You’ll also be more susceptible to injuries if you’re not strong. Practice is third because you take what you’ve done from the first two and apply them to your game.
- I worry about if I am fulfilling my purpose in life because I believe we are all here for a reason and should strive to fulfill our purpose.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- During football camp my freshman year of high school, I constantly failed at consistently getting good snaps to the quarterback while playing center. I began to show up to practice early and get as many snaps as I could while doing the same after every practice and I have not had a problem with it since then.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Staying positive and leading by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Quinnen Williams, Alabama
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I am an electrical engineer major, so I would be working in that field.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- My room. Have to get the hardest thing to clean out the way first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would have to save my family member because my family is very important to me. Once my family member was saved, we would do all we could to help the strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would have to choose Superman. He can fly and gets to save the world every day.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life is being undersized at my position. I’ve dealt with it by controlling everything I can control and improving my strength, speed, flexibility, football IQ, and technique.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I played in the Shrine Bowl my senior year of high school while playing center and long snapping. Late in the game, I had a bad long snap that went over the punters head and he had to turn around and fall on it. The game was on ESPN so everyone saw it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Scoring a touchdown against Alabama in the first half. I had a great base block to set up the play and that was the first point they had given up all month.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Giving You The Best That I Got – Anita Baker. I give my all in everything I do.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I think being dependable is the most important trait at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Muhammad Ali. He had the best mindset and approach to his sport of any athlete of all time. I would love to talk and learn from him so I could incorporate his strategies into my game.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I feel that anyone capable of making an NFL team is not overrated.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would much rather be respected than liked. It’s easy to get others to like you but earning respect requires more work.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Johnny Manziel. He had a lot of potentials but waited until it was too late to try and get his life back on track.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose. The pain of losing is much worse than the satisfaction of winning.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My family. That’s who I do it for. They’re always there for me and keep me going regardless of the situation.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Tom Brady is the best quarterback ever, he has 54 NFL records to prove it nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/tom-br… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Tiki Barber agrees with the Giants trading Odell Beckham Jr. nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/odell-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/vLrP4B2KkZ
about 45 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Browns GM and Head Coach show up to Kareem Hunt’s baptism to support him on his decision… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Could the Jets trade Leonard Williams? His contract is huge in 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/leonar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:XFL Diamonds: Potential Prospects for the XFL 2020 – Defensive Front 7 Edition nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/xfl-3/… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro