NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Tyler Bembry, DT, Chowan University
- Name: Tyler Bembry
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 330lbs
- Position: NG
- College: Chowan University
- Twitter: @Tlbem50
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Prince George County Virginia. What I love most about this small area is, everyone are hard workers. Most the people do everything themselves.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning. My reason behind this order is, film study is the most important because it allows you to gain knowledge of what the opponent is doing. Second is practice, because you have to physically do it. Watching film alone is not enough preparation. With practice you get to see how you handle the defense or offense being ran. And last is strength and conditioning, I think this is important. But just can’t put it over ether of the previous two.
What do you worry about, and why?
- The only thing I’m worry about is how to pass BCOM and Finance. They are the two hardest classes I’m enrolled in.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Trenton Cannon
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- A business manager at Fortune 500 company
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- The Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Three Strangers, because I have the chance to save more people lives.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- The Flash, I want to be fast.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- The biggest obstacle I had face was not being able to play a season in high school due to surgery. But I overcame it by being name all conference the following year by spending the whole summer getting stronger and getting my footwork faster.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Falling off my bike in the pouring rain after practice freshman year.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- First career sack, we played Campbell University
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Hustle Hard -Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Patient, just have to wait because I know my time is coming.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Grandma Rochelle, just so she can see how I’m doing now.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- On BLK ⚓️
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Jimmy Garoppolo
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, anyone can be like but not everyone can be respected. Respect comes form hard work. You had to do something to gain that respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I felt bad for Ray Rice after his one incident he was blackball by the league and was force an early exit.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to Win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father and mother, I want to be just like him. He had help me become who I am today. All the camps and combine, being at every game. He the reason I study business. And my mother for the love and support. Always being my number one fans.