NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Tate Leavitt, OL, Indiana State University
- Name: Tate Leavitt
- Height: 6’6”
- Weight: 315
- Position: LT/OL
- College: Indiana State
- Twitter: TL_ANEWLEVEL_65
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Thornville, Ohio which is about 30 miles east of Columbus. It’s a small town. Growing up, everyone knew each other and it’s a very supportive community I think that’s what I love the most about it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Practice, Film
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I fail all the time. I try to challenge myself in a lot of things I do. I play guitar and if I try to learn a new lick or new riff and won’t put my guitar down until it sounds right.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Football IQ
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I played against this season was probably Pete Swenson.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play I would coach.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m going to do my best to save all four.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The movie is Rock Star and it stars Mark Wahlberg as the main character. I would choose him because it is my favorite movie. The movie is based off a true story about the band Judas Priest and other true events.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I was ineligible coming out of high school so I had to decide if I wanted to go JUCO or go d2. I decided to go JUCO and take a chance on myself at living out my childhood dream of being a division 1 football player.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Running up the stairs in fifth grade and I tripped on the last stair, fell and hit my face on the glass door.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• We were playing Coffeyville C.C. My freshman year, I believe it’s a tie game, and Alvin Kamara caught a pass out of the backfield, reversed field, broke four tackles, stuck a foot in the middle of the field, got vertical, and just outran everyone. We went on the win that game and the conference that year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hang Tough by Tesla
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being Disciplined on and off the field
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandpa because I hear so many stories about him and he passed away when I was 5 or 6.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Black Tooth Grin
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I can’t think of one. If you’ve made it to the NFL then you deserve to be there.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because not everyone is going to like you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Maurice Clarett. I grew up a Buckeye fan and I always wanted to see him succeed.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I would have to say my parents, because of how I was raised and the impact they have made on who I am today.