- Name: Tank Terrell
- Height: 6”2
- Weight: 270lbs
- Position: D-Line /OLB
- College: University of Northern Colorado
- Twitter: @Tankterrell_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I was born and raised in Chicago, IL. I love the grit and tenacity my city instilled inside of me, because it helped groomed me into the person/ athlete I am today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about being average; thus, I work with a cerebral vision and a paranoid mentality.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed at being a qualifier out of High school. I didn’t let that discourage, I took the JUCO route and attended the best 2 year institution out there. Butte College allowed me to have another opportunity to persevere through obstacles and obtain a degree with a chance to receive a full-ride scholarship.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Motivation, Attitude, and Effort every day and every play. They say that I have the ability to bring the best out of them even when they don’t see what their capable of at the moment
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Tank Harris is the best player I have ever faced against. Although, I have not went against him in the trenches because he plays defensive line, the man possess a natural playmaking ability.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I did not play football I would become a nurse because I have a true passion for uplifting people even during the darkest of times.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- I would clean my room to start the day, car, and then desk to get to the business at hand.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- It depends on who the family member is. If it’s my mother then she gets saved but if it is someone who is basically a stranger than the three strangers would get saved.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Goku from Dragon ball Z because he is a selfless hero who has the ability to beat anyone who faces him. Goku is a humble beast and I like to think of myself as the same animal.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it
- My biggest adversity in life came from being born in Chicago. I had to preserve through a life of drugs, the streets, and other terrible influences that took the life of so many of closest friends and family. I overcame by staying prayed up, having the support system I had in place, and being the diligent worker I am.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment was when I had messed up reciting a poem during my probate for my Fraternity (Omega Psi Phi).
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My most memorable play came when we played against Weber St it was a close game and I knew my team needed me to make a play so I struck and shed the lineman beat the running back to the sideline and tried to throw him 5 yards out of bounds for a TFL.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Lil Herb – Bottom of the Bottoms
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My uncle Rashidi because that’s my best friend.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Hang OWT
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Sam Bradford
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because throughout life people aren’t going to always like you or how you carry yourself in life but respect is something that no one can take away because that’s earned.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Kyle Pointer, he is one of the best athletes I ever seen but life happened. I wish the best for my boy.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate lose more than I love to win!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- The Lord because I am a man who walks by faith.