NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Sidney Davis
• Height: 5’11
• Weight: 212
• Position: Wide Receiver
• College: Troy University
• Twitter: Sidfor6
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My hometown is Natchez Mississippi, it’s a small town and I love the site of the Mississippi River on the bluff there
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and Conditioning, Practice , then film Simply because you have to be physically ready to perform to practice and then watch film to correct and analyze mistakes
What do you worry about, and why?
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I worry about regrets because I don’t want to say I could’ve done something better so I give it my all everyday
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Deshaun Watson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Athletic Trainer
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- John Wick because I would never had to worry about someone messing with me
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Not getting opportunities that I knew I deserved I just keep grinding and make the most of every opportunity I did get
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Most embarrassing moment was slipping and falling due to some Ice on the ground everyone laughed at me
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- 4 and 6 catch against Appalachian state to win the game
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Future – Blood, Sweat, Tears
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My great grandmother Ruth Washington just to hear her tell me some of her wisdom and I for her just to see how far I’ve came
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Dripping dancing
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Richard Sherman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected but I’m going to be myself regardless
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Ray Rice because everybody makes mistakes and I feel that if he had a second chance he wouldn’t make mistakes like that again
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My Family because they push me to pursue my dreams more and more everyday and I love them