NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Shannon Smith
• Height: 6’4
• Weight: 220
• Position: WR/ Special Teams
• College: University of West Georgia
• Twitter: @sdolphsmith_4
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Macon, Ga 478, it made me who I am today.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, and Strength and Conditioning. You have to be mentally ready before you execute.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Feeding my family. The pain, We all we got really.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I can’t really think of a specific time but I handle failure by learning from it by not letting it be the final outcome.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Ball skills making a tough catch, on 3rd downs and the red Zone/ money zone.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Kevin Byard
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Mentoring kids, create a program to help them with life skills and visit colleges.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Desk, room, and car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family, I love my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Riley from The Boondocks. He keep 100 and tell it like it is.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Being told I won’t make it to college and I will be stuck in Macon. It just made me go harder.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My first interview in high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first catch freshman year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Don’t Give Up – Gunna
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Being Consistent.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Gma BT
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- “You tell me” *Jalen Ramsey voice lol
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, if you not respected then what are you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Chad Johnson/ Ochocinco. My favorite player.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Ma duke, she worked 2 jobs to make sure me and my siblings had what we needed.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors | Josh Allen Injury Update | All eyes on Bills QB’s ankle and knee nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/josh-a… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/jeremi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wwb4s0qwAk
about 39 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors | Christian McCaffrey Injury Update | Will McCaffrey return in 2020? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/christ… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- ICYMI:Najee Harris Scouting Report | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect | Alabama RB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/najee-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/CDx9LTe3Hd
about 50 mins ago
- Week 13 Preview: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs ift.tt/3opewkx
about 53 mins ago