- Name: Raymond Sarkodieh
- Height: 6 foot 2 inches
- Weight: 265
- Position: Edge Rusher/End
- College: Assumption College
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Born in Ghana; Raised in Worcester. Worcester is a diverse city with a variety of events and foods to experience; as well as extensive community support.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice, film, and then strength. I thoroughly believe practice makes perfect and helps players get ready for their games; . Film is crucial in preparing for games and practices in terms of individual play and overall scheme. Although strength and conditioning is crucial to the success of a football player. I put strength last because the strongest and fastest don’t always play the best.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry most about not being a successful individual. Throughout my lifetime every small thing
is to prepare myself to be successful. The thought of being unsuccessful, not being able to provide for the people that have stood beside me through the toughest times, is terrifying. Other than the worry of not being successful, I try to keep my worry to a minimum.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My junior year of college I failed a class that was required in order to graduate with a major in Mathematics. I chose mathematics as a major because of my love that each question had a definitive answer, the idea that there was a right and a wrong as well as multiple ways to find that answer. Failing was a feeling I had never felt before, a feeling I never want to feel again but, was a good learning lesson for myself.
What do you’re teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my ability to make plays and ability to lead through my physicality and energy on the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Jordan Morgan Kutztown University/ Current Tennessee Titan
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Construction Manager/ Engineer
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- In order to be the most productive and successful individual and player I can be, everything starting from my bedroom must be organized. You start you’re organization where you lay you’re head at night.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family always has and always will mean the world to me; ethically it would be right to save the three strangers but personally I would save my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- If I could choose any television or movie character to be, I would be John Snow, King of the North. An individual that leads with no fear.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Not having heat or hot water in my house for over a year due to loss of jobs and hardships. Though I have always been a stable and strong person I truly believe in the saying “through adversity comes strength.” With every adversity that myself and my family have gone through, Football has bee my constant and always been there when I needed saving from my struggles.
What is you’re most embarrassing moment?
- Can’t actually think of any moment. But I’ve had many I’m sure of it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- First play of my redshirt junior season was a sack. This play set the tone for the rest of my career as well as, played a key role in my confidence in myself on and off the field.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Forever by Drake.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next
- My ability understand and carryout different schemes effectively week to week; whether it being blitzing from linebacker depth, covering running backs or containing perimeter runs. All along with a very effective pass rush.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather. I was never able to meet him and I believe that he could have had a huge impact on who I am today.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Each player in the NFL is there for a reason, ability ranges by player.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected. I am a person that is not fazed easily by what individuals say about me, I am confident in who I am and what I’ve done in my lifetime so far. I understand that not everyone that comes in my life is going to like me but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Ray Lewis. I admire his ability to overcome all the noise and dominate the league with his talent.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose. Prepare all year physically and game plan all week, too much time put in to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father is the biggest influence on my life. His discipline and morals, have led me to success on the field and in the classroom. His ability to provide for family when not having anyone to look up to or teach him, is one of the most admirable things about him.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Arizona high school quarterback Aden Morris and his Mother Tish died in a car accident… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- That is our guy @danielkellybook he is opinionated but damn he is good twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre…
about 53 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Will it pass the Senate? twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago