- Quentin Moon
- Western Illinois University
- Twitter: @CallMe_QMooon
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All-Missouri Valley Football Conference Team Honorable Mention.
- 70 Total Tackles – 11.0 TFL – 2.0 Sacks – 2 INTs – 1 FF – 1 FR – 1 TD.
What is your name?
- Quentin Moon.
Where do you play College Football?
- Western Illinois University.
What position do you play?
- Mike Linebacker.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 232lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Played basketball, football, and baseball when I was younger then football in high school.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Dallas Goedert, SDSU.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I listen to Future mainly. But lately have listened to artist Lil Baby and Gunna.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Ice bath every Friday before my game, and Normatec Saturday.
Who is your role model & why?
- My father, Micah Moon is my role model. I have always strived to be better than him, he’s a great person to talk to about everything.
You are a Kinesiology major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I have actually decided to go Biology to accomplish the pre-requisites for Physical Therapy. PT is a goal of mine when I’m all done with football.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was a Biology of Aging class I took this past summer. It is very interesting how we age from a biological stand point and factors that contribute to aging. My least favorite class is Chemistry and English.
What made you choose Western Illinois University?
- Western Illinois University gave me a opportunity after my senior year, and the two schools I had offers from had already filled up. Came on a visit and developed a brotherhood with my teammates that I will cherish forever!
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience has been this class I’m taking now dedicated for Motor Clinic for Children with Autism. The clinic has been great to help them become active, and have some fun.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Baltimore Ravens, of course Ray Lewis. His leadership, and character is unmatched. I just loved the way he played the game, and carried himself.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would be in The Equalizer, and Denzel Washington known as Robert McCall in the movie.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- If I could have dinner with three people I would pick Barack Obama, Ray Lewis, and Bernie Mac
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- I would want to meet Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X. Both men have always inspired me by their courage and power. They changed lives forever.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Growing up I liked Toby Maguire Spider-Man, and Christian Bale Batman.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is a relentless, determined grind to be the best you can be and the best ever. It never goes unnoticed and will pay off.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Time is going to continue to move on. There is no time to wait around for opportunities you have to go make them. And there is always a next man up.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- As a high school freshman I would tell myself to continue to do extra, continue trust God, and where you’re destined to be you’ll be.
Why do you wear #39?
- 39 has been in my family starting with my dad. He wore it at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. My brother wore it in high school. I began wearing it when I was younger and it became my number.
What is the best part of your hometown, Indianapolis, IN?
- The best part of Indianapolis is downtown, and to me all my friends. They make being back home fun!
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron has grown to be my favorite player, he is just a different animal and unbelievable baller. I respect Jordan and Kobe game something bout the kid from Akron and his story just makes me a huge fan.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I don’t play video games like that. Growing up I was a huge GameCube guy but then I just fell away from games.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My most memorable moment as a student-athlete would be doing A Night to Shine at the crossing here in Macomb. This was an unbelievable night.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I wish I could go back in time, I wish I get wealthy, and I wish could bring a couple people back who passed away.
What is your hidden talent?
- I think I’m pretty funny, don’t know if that is much of a hidden talent.
If there is a book written about Quentin Moon, what is the title?
- “Journey of the Moon.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel to Bora Bora.
- Go skydiving.
- Retire before I’m 50.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I binge watched Power on Starz all summer, I am about to begin Ozark on Netflix.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Depends on if I have work to do, probably do homework so I can chill later. Or catch up on a nap depending on time of day.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- I would want to tackle Walter Payton from the past, and Marshawn Lynch and Leonard Fournette today. All are hard nose runners that I’d love to compete against.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Quentin Moon, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- My faith with my lord and savior Jesus Christ.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- I would compare myself to C.J. Mosley, Ryan Shazier type linebacker. Both are more on the athletic side and play Mike. They do a great job being leaders of Defense and making plays.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- My daughter is part of the Key Club here In Florida. They do a dance every year for the Shands Children hospital a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Raheem Morris hired as Rams’ defensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zYwLhMSbLO
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Lions hire Aaron Glenn as their new defensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/S3fAvUp4cq
about 2 hours ago