NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Mitchell Brees, DB, Illinois State University
- Name: Mitchell Brees
- Height: 6’2’’
- Weight: 205
- Position: Safety
- College: Illinois State
- Twitter: @breesmitch
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- From West Allis, Wisconsin just outside of Milwaukee. I love all the memories I have from here.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I would say Practice, Film, strength, and conditioning. The film is very important but if you aren’t on the same page with your teammates it doesn’t matter how much you know about your opponent. Have to know yourself first.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about failure. Not being good enough is something scarier than anything out there I believe. It’s what drives me as well.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed at Wide Receiver in my college career. Wasn’t getting the playing time I thought and switched to defense and made a name for myself there.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My competitiveness
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Dallas Goedert or Austin Carr
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Something in business sales
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Car for sure
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member because family comes first always.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- James Bond, get to fight bad guys with some cool gadgets
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I would say going from high school to college and just adjusting to it. I overcame it by improving my work ethic
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Losing the state championship game in high school up 17 points at the half.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The last game of my career getting a game-winning interception.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Hustle hard by ace hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My instincts
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandma. The closest person I have ever lost and would love to catch up.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Cafe Disco
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Joe Flacco
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because being liked is only for so long.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Odell..his career isn’t derailed but people seem to hate him and I think he just plays with a lot of passion with some typical receiver antics.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My dad because he has shown me work ethic and that failure is not an option