- Name: Michael Sanders
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 225
- Position: QB
- College: Dixie State University
- Twitter: @M_sanders1026
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Phoenix, Arizona and what I love most about it is the great weather that we get year round.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, practice, and strength and conditioning. Film study must be the most important for any quarterback. Being able to understand the looks, coverages, and blitzes that a team will use is critical to playing the position. When you get to the college and professional level, everyone has good arms and can make throws but what separates the best is the ones that can process and understand defenses. Watching the film gives you that edge.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about being successful, I have worked so hard and made so many sacrifices to be in this position. I want to succeed in everything I do so I constantly worry about failing and making sure that I do whatever needs to be done to succeed.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I felt like I failed when I played at Idaho State. We struggled, and I know I could have played better. There were some issues with our coaches that resulted in me making the decision to leave. I found a home at Dixie State and was able to make the most out of my senior season after I tore my ACL in the first practice of fall camp and missing half the season. I was able to come back and help our team finish strong with the best record in school history.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Work Ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Cooper Kupp
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would want to be a college football coach. I always have loved the game so if I couldn’t play I would want to be coaching.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save a family member, I would like to save as many people as possible, but you couldn’t pass up saving a family member first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Superman, the guy can do it all.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I would say the biggest adversity I have faced in my life was this August when I tore my ACL. Going into my redshirt senior season I had aspirations and goals that I felt were going to be attainable. When I tore my ACL on the first day of fall camp all I could think about was how could I possibly find a way to play. I found a small window of opportunity, but it would require two months of intense rehab and a lot of things to go my way. I put my head down and ground away for two months and was able to finish off the season and play. This made me realize that I couldn’t take a single moment for granted because at any moment my knee could give out again and that would be the end of my career.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I can’t think of anything that really sticks out, though I am sure I have a bunch of moments that were embarrassing.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The game-winning touchdown pass to beat Colorado School of Mines who was undefeated and the number 6 ranked team in the country. It was also our senior day which made it very special. We ran a corner from the number 3 receiver and he ran a great route and made the play for us to win the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Whatever it Takes by Imagine Dragons.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My father, he passed away when I was a sophomore in high school, so I would love to be able to talk and spend a day with him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- I have no idea. I am not much of a dance club person, so I don’t even know where to go with that question.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Out of respect for the players in the league, I don’t think it would be right to call a player out. I think if you can make it that level you are an outstanding player and at that point no one is overrated.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected. It is hard for every person to like you but earning someone’s respect can be done. I think being respected is crucial for playing the quarterback position.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- It wasn’t off-field issues, but I think Pat Tillman would be the player who I feel the most for. He was willing to sacrifice not only his football career but also his life to protect our country. Being from Arizona and being a Cardinals fan my whole life you come to appreciate what he did and what he means to the state of Arizona.
Do you love to win or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose because I expect to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My coaches, I have spent so much of my life with different coaches of different sports, these coaches shape you into the person and player that you are. Coaches have had a huge impact on my life and are very thankful for some of the coaches that I have had that have impacted my life in such a positive way.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Rashaad Penny Injury Update, Limit your expectations moving forward nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rashaa…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- 10 Takeaways From Week 11 of the 2020 NFL Season ift.tt/3fAJt1S
about 32 mins ago
- Headed to the Seahawks for a workout twitter.com/mclanec4/statu…
about 37 mins ago
- CGS Free Agent Combine: This is the best event for every player on the street, PERIOD - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/free-a…
about 39 mins ago
- CGS Small School Showcase: HUGE OPPORTUNITY for Small School Football Players! - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/cgs-sm…
about 39 mins ago