- Player: Malik Warner
- Position: Defensive Back
- School: Wagner
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 190lbs
- Projected Forty: 4.52
- Projected Round: 7-UDFA
- Draft: 2019
- Hometown: Brooklyn N.Y.
- Number: 6
Stats & Awards
- Started All of the Seahawks 11 games
- 24 tackles, 2 INT’s, 4 PBU & a FF
- Had his season best 6 tackles vs Saint Francis 9/9/17
- Had 5 tackles vs Columbia 9/16/17
- 4 tackles against Sacred Heart, 11/18/17
- Played in 10 games had 16 tackles , 5 PBU & 1 TFL
- Had 5 tackles vs Central Conn 10/15/16
Draft Diamond Report
Big physical Cornerback Malik Warner plays tight in man coverage.
Hailing from Brooklyn N.Y. you know Malik has that mental toughness needed to play outside corner on either side of the field. Good timing in the pass game, reads & reacts with assertiveness. Often times will jump a route or under cut a pass for an INT or gets his big hands in wide outs line of sight. He can easily bait a QB into a pick with his amazing closing speed sneaky quick movement skills. Long strides covering ground closing in on gaps in coverage in the blink of an eye. Gets his head around when defending the pass very sound in his pass coverage, not easily fooled by pump fakes or trickery. Uses his size to box players out he has good balance for a big guy along the sideline has great presence of where he is on the field. Fluid back peddler with optimal change of direction diagnoses plays well.
Strong tackler in the run game or open field squares his shoulders & drops them with power & quickness. Uses his big frame to his advantage very cerebral technically sound tackler. Athletic in the open field for a DB with the frame he possesses. Aggressive athleticism takes good angles uses his size very well in his tackling assignments. Gets down low on tackles below the waste clean tackler with massive long arms, wingspan & large hands.
Finding a 6’ 2 CB is not as rare as it once was but finding one that can use his size as well as, has solid quickness & agility proves to be a bit harder. Think Warner checks many of those boxes plus has experience playing both outside corner positions. Covered my share of DB’s thus far but outside corners are not as deep as nickle or safety’s due to the ability to run stride for stride with today’s big speedy wide out’s, believe Warner can do just that.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Adult Fan Proudly Snatches Home Run Ball from Kids ift.tt/2XUYCk7
about 29 mins ago via IFTTT
- Anthony Davis Joined LeBron James for Taco Tuesday ift.tt/2JF81Hm
about 39 mins ago via IFTTT
- WNBA Suspends Riquna Williams 10 Games for Domestic Violence ift.tt/2XUWGbl
about 49 mins ago via IFTTT
- Steve Kerr Calls Out Shaq For Losing Bet From 2004 ift.tt/2O23UL4
about 59 mins ago via IFTTT
- MVP Odds: Identifying good value in the 2019 sports books ift.tt/2XVoexa
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT