NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Larry Ross, DE, Portland State University
- Name: Larry Ross
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 240
- Position: Rush End/LB
- College: Portland State
- Twitter: @l_ross5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Pittsburg California, What I love the most about my home town is the community. Because its a small town, everyone knows each other and has known each other for a long time.
- Film Study, Practice, Strength & Conditioning. Film study is most important because it enhances your confidence on the field. Practice 2nd because that’s where you perfect your craft. Strength and Conditioning keeps you healthy, and allows you to play to your full potential.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Being broke, because I wouldn’t have money for rent.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Going 0-11 last year, I reacted by doing more field work. Where as last year I would do more work at the rec center and work on my body.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- That I’m funny
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Penei Sewell
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I like to think I was pretty good at baseball growing up so probably pursuing a career in that.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- My room
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- My family member because if I consider you family then that means I love you.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I’d be Caine from menace to society because I love 90’s hip hop culture and I feel that he is the epitome of that.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Having to lose 15 pounds to play my first year of football. Me an my dad had to run laps, sit in the steam room, workout before practice all so that I could make weight when I was 7.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Getting beat badly on senior night
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Made a play in the back field for a safety at Nevada this year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Talk to Big – Dave East
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- How quick I can get off the ball.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My Grandpa on my mom’s side because I’ve never met him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Twerk 2 night
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t know
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because it’s difficult to get your needs met without it.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Michael Vick because he was one of my favorite players to watch growing up.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Neither. I try not to get too happy about a win, and I don’t like to get too down about a loss.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My Dad, because without him my life would be totally different. Growing up in America, having a man in your life to teach you how to be self sufficient is a huge advantage.