NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Kenyatta Greene
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 183
- Position: RB
- College: Catawba College
- Twitter: kenyattatds
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Edgewater Park, New Jersey, is where I grew up since I was 7 years old. It is a small town and I like how peaceful and quiet it is.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I feel that they are all equally important. Being in shape physically and mentally helps you perform your best on the field. Practicing your craft, getting stronger, and learning from your mistakes and seeing what other teams do are all apart of the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about my future sometimes, but most of the time I’m optimistic and think positive and that keeps me going.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed many times trying to do a backflip. I hurt myself a couple times and it was difficult, but I kept trying and eventually got it. I never gave up because I knew if I kept trying I could eventually get the hang of it and get to my goal. I don’t like to quit when something gets hard.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my best quality is being a leader by example. They see how dedicated I am, and the work ethic I put in.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The best player I played against in college was Keshaun Taylor, a WR from Mars Hill.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would be a fitness trainer and help people get in shape, eat healthy, and build their confidence. I enjoy working out, eating healthy, and helping others.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- I would clean my room first because that’s where I spend most of my time. I believe you have to be in a comfortable, organized environment to get work done.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save three strangers because it’s not always about me. I might be close with that family member, but the three strangers could have children, be married, or even more. I would be hurt, but I’m saving many others from feeling the same pain I would feel.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Spider-Man because he is my favorite super hero and he’s very intelligent. He put others before him and sacrifices everything to save lives.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity was transferring from West Virginia University and coming to Catawba College to continue playing college football. I thought I was going to come in and play a lot my first year at Catawba and I didn’t. I was frustrated and worked as hard as I could so I could play. My second year at Catawba a played a lot and made a huge impact that benefited the team.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Most embarrassing moment was going to the bathroom on myself in kindergarten and hoping nobody noticed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My most memorable play of my collegiate career was returning a punt against Tusculum University giving my team momentum and ending up winning the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- “No gain” by Wiz Khalifa describes my work ethic because he talks about grinding and how waking up you have a choice everyday.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Being a fast learner and having strong work ethic would help me succeed at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- If I could bring one person back from the dead for one day, it would be my aunt, because she helped take care of me when I was young and showed me nothing but love.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Club paradise
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t think any player is overrated
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because that means people admire what you do, your abilities and achievements.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Ray Rice was a player I liked to watch because he could do it all on offense. I felt like he could have avoided the situation so he wouldn’t have the image he has now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose more than I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father has been the biggest influence on my life for many reasons. He showed me how to be a real man and showed me what was important in life. He helped me get to where I’m at now and has always supported me in whatever I wanted to do in life.