NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Kendrick Igbinoba, FB, Adams State University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Kendrick Igbinoba
- Height: 6ft2
- Position RB/FB/H-back
- College: Northern Colorado/ Adams state
- Twitter: Ktrill38
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My Hometown is Dallas, Texas, the best thing I like about it is the big ball we see when we go into downtown
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and Conditioning are the most important to me because if you put yourself in a bad position and you’re not in shape then you will not play are perform the way you should be able to. Next is practice because your practice how you play very self-explanatory Film is also important because you get to learn for your mistakes and watch the other teams and see how they operate.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about things not going my way. The reason for that is because I know that
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- One time I failed my driving test I was in shocked because I thought I passed it easy. But I acted calm and ask for the re test then I passed it
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I saw I can make them laugh and I keep it real no sugar coating
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Garret Boyles Left Tackle from Snow Junior college
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Would be a Sports Agent
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member because that’s somebody that I know and it would hurt deeply if I knew I could save them but didn’t
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would want to be the Black Panther because I am Nigerian so that movie meant the world to me
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- This college journey be a lot of downs less ups I overcame it because I never gave up I kept pushing and I treated every lose as a lesson
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Junior year I had a blonde mohawk. We had team pictures my head coach told me had to get a cut. So my teammates cut my hair bald and I was bald for a good amount of time
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- When I was not in the game I told my teammate that I was going score once I touched the ball and I did.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- PeeWee Long Way Chasing
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My size for my position is great 6ft2 248
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- It would be Bernie Mac the reason why I say him because he brought so much joy and laughter to my life and he left way too soon
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- “Kendrick Igbinoba Dance Club”
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- There is no such thing
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because it has more value than liked
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon He could’ve been the best WR in the NFL right now but could not leave that party life away
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- I do have one at the moment all self-motivation for me