- Name: Justin Wyatt
- Height: 6020
- Weight: 207 lbs.
- Position: DB
- Draft Class: 2019
- College: Limestone College (2018), Troy University (2016-2017), Los Angeles Pierce College (JUCO) (2015), Ohio University (2014)
- Hometown: Suwanee, GA
- Projected 40 Yd Dash: 4.60 secs
- High School: Collins Hill HS
- Games Watched: Limestone 2018 Highlights, Troy University Highlights, Limestone College Practice Clips, Troy University Practice Clips
- (Limestone): 10 GP, 20 Tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 QBH, 5 QB Hits, 1 INT, 1 PBU, 1 PD
- (Troy): DNP (Injury)
- (Troy): 2/10 GS at WR, 4 Rec, 25 Yards, moved to safety during 2017 spring practice
- (LA Pierce College): 7 GP at WR, 13 Rec, 134 Yards
- (Ohio Univ.): 12 GP, 5 Tackles
- (Ohio Univ.): DNP (Redshirted)
Positives: Great size & frame with okay arm length. Can line up as an LB, Nickel CB, and SS. Has adequate foot speed in his backpedal, can find the ball quickly, shows good discipline with his zone coverage assignments, uses foot & ankle flexibility to break on the ball against drag routes & slant routes in zone coverage, uses play recognition & athletic ability to maneuver between blockers against screens & passes to the flats, will take on blockers against counters & sweeps to his side, uses his length & leverage to disengage from blockers when lined up on the edge, uses okay lateral skills to pursue the ballcarrier along the boundary, takes pursuit angles to the ball with a run downhill mentality, is an okay form tackler along the boundary, is not afraid to stick his head into traffic against HB dives, is a quick pass rusher off the edge.
Negatives: Has a high pad level when backpedaling, shows on film some stiffness in his hips when changing directions, tends to have a big false step when breaking on the ball, consistency playing man coverage in game situations is a question, is not a consistent wrap-up tackler in the open field, tends to go high & catch the ball carrier when attacking HB dives from the secondary, has a bad habit of over-pursuing the QB when blitzing, can be easily be shut down by a HB in pass protection, multiple transfers from different schools will be looked at closely.
Summary: A player that has played both sides of the ball throughout his college career. He lined up as a WR & FS at Troy University before getting injured. Was used as a LB/Safety hybrid in a 4-2-5 scheme at Limestone College under now former HC Tony Ierulli, interim HC Brian Turk, and Defensive Coordinator Aubrey Kelly as a graduate transfer. Wyatt uses play recognition skills & athletic ability to get to the ball, but plays with a high pad level & does not always wrap-up consistently. Will best fit as a strong safety in a predominant zone coverage scheme & as a pass rusher in 3rd & long situations, but will struggle against speed receivers in man coverage.
Projection: Free Agent/Pro Camp Player
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Rockets Owner Fined for Talking Russell Westbrook Trade Before it Became Official ift.tt/2lgptJR
about 2 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:Would you trade a first round pick for Jadeveon Clowney? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/jadeve… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Z3ibXEp3V9
about 4 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:Three players who were given way higher Madden ratings than they deserved nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/madden… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Obi Obialo, WR, Marshall University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/obi-ob… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:These three players deserve a much higher Madden Rating, they were robbed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/madden… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro