NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Report: Justin Wyatt, DB, Limestone College by Matt Anzio
- Player: Justin Wyatt
- Position: Nickel DB/ Safety
- School: Limestone
- Height : 6’2
- Weight : 207 lbs
- Projected Forty Time: 4.55
- Projected Draft Round: UDFA
- Hometown: Suwanee , Georgia
- Jersey Number: 23
- Draft class: 2019
Stats & Awards
- 50 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 5 QBH & 1 PD thus far
- All Conference watch list
- D Player of the week week 5 had 8 tackles vs Newberry
- 3 tackles & a pick 6 vs Mars Hill
- 4 tackles, 1.5 TFL & sack vs Wingate
- 6 tackles vs Lenoir Rhyne
- Invite to the Podyum All Star Game in Miami
- Invite to the CGS All Star Bowl in Texas
- Was unable to play in 2017 due to injury.
- Played in 10 games as a wide out for Troy U
- Played a season for L.A. Pierce College playing WR
- Preseason All Conference watch list 2015
- All Conference Honorable mention
- Played in 12 games at Ohio
Wyatt is a physically & mentally gifted small school sleeper.
His frame is ideal for the position has the height, solid body mass long arms good strong legs with above average vertical & lateral ability. Good reach 77 “⅜ wingspan with powerful 9” ¾ hands to win the hand battles overall leverage with the body makeup to challenge big physical offensive weapons as a pro .
They move him all over the field watched him on LB, Nickel safety. He attacks well & does best in short area space on run support & or blitzing packages. Aggressive tough tackling is a strength teams that value that in a DB will not be disappointed in his ability to attack TE’s, slot WR or RB with a vengeance making text book open field tackles. Watch tape of him blitzing from both sides of the line of scrimmage with good get off & timing looks a lot like a LB or a hybrid safety on blitzes getting around much bigger tackles to make plays on the other side of the line. Can win with quickness but also shows good power using his strength with quick movements to shed blocks or run pass blocking TE’s & Rb’s effectively. Very sufficient vision working his way through gaps diagnosing play direction to hunt down backs of hand off or in the screen game.
In coverage he seems to best fit a zone coverage if used deep but can play man or press as a slot CB. That’s where i see him striving most keep him defending the middle of the field where you need his toughness his size can be helpful defending big slot’s or the TE’s that line up in nickel formations. Need to see more in the coverage skill department against top talent from other Schools in a All Star game or Senior Bowl.Think he could bend a little better but that is something that can be coached up. He does have a pretty good twitch, loose hips natural movement for a big DB.
Versatility is a plus with plenty of playing time on special teams under his belt. Has played WR for many years in addition to DB & LB. Being a former WR gives him a better than average perspective on tracking the ball. Plays with good intensity thru the whistle with high energy. Smart prospect that has the desire to become a pro no matter what he has to do to help his team succeed he is willing to do. Many Safeties slash Linebacker hybrids around but not many DB’s with LB experience. DB’s with that attitude & mentality generally have success in the NFL because can be used both in pass & run downs. Also a starter on special teams on KR & PR. Like a Swiss Army knife he can be used in so many ways be hard not to take a shot on this talented experienced baller.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/seth-c… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- LSU Spring Game 2021 | Who Is Leading The QB Competition?? | Spring Game Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/lsu-3/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Tennessee Football: Joe Milton To The Vols?? | Film Breakdown nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/joe-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/hAHl5rWbjE
about 3 hours ago