- Jordan Brown
- South Dakota State University
- Twitter: @JaayyBrown1
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 MVFC All-Conference First-Team.
- 72 Total Tackles – 3.0 TFL – 3 FF – 3 INTs.
What is your name?
- Jordan Brown.
Where do you play College Football?
- South Dakota State.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1″ 200lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, it was actually my first love.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- My freshmen year going against Carson Wentz, he was just so in control of everything that was going on in the game.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I listen to Future for about an hour before I start getting ready for the game.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I don’t have any superstitions
Who is your role model & why?
- I’d have to say both of my parents, just seeing how hard they work and how much they’ve done for me motivates me to be better each and everyday and to try and emulate them.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class has been business management, and my least favorite has been art.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just growing relationships with people within the community.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Dallas Cowboys because my dad liked them and I followed suit. My favorite player was Michael Vick, just how he could run around and made football fun to watch.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Next Friday – Day-Day (Mike Epps).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Kobe Bryant.
- My Grandpa.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Muhammad Ali because he is one of the greatest athletes ever and dealt with so much going on during that time and still came out on top.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman, because he was just a guy that was super stealthy and always had a plan and made it look easy.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work is when you have a purpose each and everyday and work on your craft doing the little things over and over again whether it’s athletics, school, work, etc..
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That everything happens for a reason, whether it’s good or bad.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would tell myself to focus on school, and everything else will handle itself out.
Why do you wear #9?
- I was given #9 when I came to SDSU, and I just ran with it and it became my number and now I love it.
What is the best part of your hometown, Scottsdale, AZ?
- Just the feeling of being home and around my family.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- This is tough, and it’s hard to argue against Jordan but LeBron is the most talented person to ever touch a basketball.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4, but I don’t play video games very often.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- When my younger brother scored his first career touchdown against NDSU, I remember it like it was yesterday.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Infinite wishes.
- To cure cancer forever.
- Teleportation/Time travel.
What is your hidden talent?
- I don’t really have one.
If there is a book written about Jordan Brown, what is the title?
- “9 era.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Bora Bora.
- Travel to the seven continents.
- Learn a different language.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Shameless – Netflix.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Read a book.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, because he takes so much pride in film study and game planning it would be a cool opportunity to get one off him.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the South Dakota State football team?
- Individually – Defensive player of the year in the Missouri vNFL Draft Diamonds 2019 Prospect Interview:
- Team – Conference champions and National Championship
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Jordan Brown, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- My family, they keep me going day in and day out.