- Jibreel Hazly
- Florida A&M University
- Twitter: @Breel330
- 60 Total Tackles – 5.0 TFL – 2 FF.
What is your name?
- Jibreel N. Hazly.
Where do you play College Football?
- Florida A&M University.
What position do you play?
- Mike Linebacker.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 227lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played most sports growing up, such as soccer, baseball, basketball, track, and boxing.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Tough one I would have to say Brandon Parker from North Carolina A&T who now plays for the Raiders & Desmond Nisby for Texas Tech.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- No, I like to have a clear head and heart because there’s no music on the field just you.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, I just envision myself making plays days before the game that’s about it.
Who is your role model & why?
- LeBron James, because we come from the same neighborhood the stuff he endured and overcame I also had to overcome. The person he became thru all that is just amazing and motivational plus it doesn’t hurt the fact that were basically family haha.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was Youth Management, I love mentoring young kids I just love helping the youth out.
- My least favorite was Spanish class.
What made you choose Florida A&M University?
- I wanted to make a difference and help bring back a great historical program.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- I would have to say traveling and meeting a lot of different people including young men who look up to me and ask for tips and advice to get where I am.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Rams, I wanted to be like Steven Jackson so bad I even got dreads because he had them.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Batman vs Superman, and I would be batman no powers he just makes it happen.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My cousin Tiawn.
- My grandmother Mary.
- My Youngest brother Tariq.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Malcolm X, his background story how he came from being a trouble maker to helping the black society.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman, he fights enemies that are a lot stronger, faster, smarter but he is determined and Imposes his will without super powers. He is fearless when it comes to protecting his loved ones and the helpless, I like to think of myself as batman when I put my helmet on.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work continuously getting better in all aspects of whatever I am trying to accomplish, for example in football I self-evaluate all the time. During drills, film, weights, learning football and playbooks.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That no matter where you are in life, good or bad you just have to keep working because hard work eventually shows.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I wouldn’t tell myself anything, I think everything happens for a reason. My journey from being ineligible till my senior year in high school, hardships thru junior college to my senior year in division one football made me the man I am today.
Why do you wear #2?
- I feel like single digit numbers are for impact players and I am the first college athlete in my family so I will start a family tradition.
What is the best part of your hometown, Akron, OH?
- I would have to say the west side of Akron and we also got the best burgers in the country (Swensons).
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron James all day, he’s from the town. I come from a lot of those same things he talks about and been thru, he’s a major role model to all kids and fathers in the community true definition of the sky is the limit.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4, Spider-Man and The Last of Us.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Signing scholarship papers on national junior college signing day.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Play football as long as I can.
- Opportunity to provide for my family and give them whatever they want.
- Help and give back to my community.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can be a very talented musician.
If there is a book written about Jibreel Hazly, what is the title?
- “Defy the Odds.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel the world.
- Retire and become a chef on the Food Network channel.
- Start a Group home for my little brother.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Yes Hulu , Rick and Morty.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Train with some other NFL linebackers.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Steven Jackson, he influenced my career so much and I would love to go head to head with him.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Jibreel Hazly, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- My youngest brother he’s autistic and we been thru a lot together. He is very strong and it makes me want to be strong as well.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- I would say Bobby Wagner.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago