NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Ivan King
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 180
- Position: Safety / Corner
- College: The University of Arkansas- Monticello
- Twitter: ivanking_db
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Monroe, Louisiana. The thing I love the most is that I have so much family there and I also love the small soul food joints.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- 1 film 2 practice 3 strength and conditioning. The film is very important in knowing your opponent’s tendencies, practice is next to mastering your technique and gameplan, strength and conditioning is last because a lot of the game is mental but you must stay in shape
What do you worry about, and why?
- I have no worries, I believe Gods plan is the best plan.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- In all honesty, I don’t look at my shortcomings as a failure, I take them as a lesson and learn from each one.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would say I’m a team player, unselfish, and hardworking.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Junior College, my teammate Dalton Fackrell ( Colorado St ) .
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would definitely be a football coach .
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- My little brother, he looks up to me and I would love to stay by his side through everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- The Joker from suicide squad. Why not ? Smart , strategic, and dedicated.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Losing my grandma and Little cousin in the same year , it was hard but I just dedicate every rep to them.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Running into a tree during recess playing football in elementary school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- I don’t have a specific play but when my team beat our rivals ( SAU) and clinched a bowl game appearance which made history .
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Here Comes the boom.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I feel like my work ethic would separate me from others. Always been an underdog and that drives me to work even harder .
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother, she had advice no one else could give , genuine, and deserved the world .
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Club Truth
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because respect is earned and I could honestly care less if someone liked me or not .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Johnny Manziel, I feel like his off the field problems cost him a lot in his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Parents , grandma, and a few of my HS coaches. They taught me so much on and off the field .