NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Gavin Burford, LB, University of West Florida
- Name:Gavin Burford
- College:University of West Florida (Transfer from Abilene Christian University)
- Lewisville, Texas. It’s North Dallas, there’s always something to do in Dallas.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I can not put these in order by importance. Each one is extremely important on how you play on game day.
- I tend not to worry about a lot of things because I know I have strong faith in God.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My years at ACU. I wasn’t playing a lot, so I counted that as me failing at football for those years. I reacted by grinding all spring semester of 2018 and transferring to UWF. It went great, I came to a new school and became a leader and ended up being 1st Team All Conference.
- My teammates would probably say my best quality is understanding defensive schemes and calling out plays before the ball is snapped.
- Michael Gallup
- I would be doing work with a Forensic Department or be coaching football.
- I would clean them in this order: 1.Room 2.Car 3.Desk
- This is a hard one!!! I would have to choose a family member because they have brought me joy in my life.
- Naruto, he never gives up on his main goal.
- Getting over looked in the recruiting process in high school and at my first university. I overcame it by just working on my craft everyday on my own time and finding a school that wanted to use me more.
- I missed a game winning shot in basketball my 6th grade year.
- First interception versus Colorado State.
- 1942 Flow – Meek Mill
- Time management
- Christian Dawson, died too young. To show him how many care about him.
- G&B’s Club and it would be located in Uptown Dallas.
- Nobody is overrated in the NFL.
- This one is easy, I would rather be respected. People that are liked most times are people pleasers. People pleasers get stuck in tough situations because they are afraid to say no.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Brian Banks. He was a highly recruited prospect out of high school then was accused of rape and did prison time for over five year. After serving over five years, his conviction was overturned and the accuser finally admitted that she made the whole story up.