- Name: Eldrick Wilson
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 295
- Position: DT/DE
- College: Mars Hill University
- Twitter: @ewilsonlive
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Homestead, FL and what I love the most would have to be the community bond and the support and love they give.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study first because you have to know what you’re up against, then would be practice, putting what you watched in film to work on the field, and finally strength and conditioning because you have to be a peak performance week in and week out to dominate your opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Probably worry about family the most, always wanna see them be straight in life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Freshman year of football I didn’t make the varsity football team while my other two siblings were on varsity playing and starting, for the rest of the season I worked extra hard on and off the field so when spring football came I could finally start on varsity.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Versatility on the field being able to play the whole defensive line.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Brandon Parker NCAT
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- FBI Agent
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Gotta have a clean room its a must.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member because I care about my family the most before anything else.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would have to say Naruto, because he dealt with so much adversity in his life and still ended out on top which made for an amazing story.
- Biggest adversity would have to be getting kicked off my first college football team because of grades and sitting out of football for a whole entire year then working my way back paying for school out of pocket to finally getting the chance to play again and graduate.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Ripping my pants in the middle of school in the 10th grade in the hallway after class.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Getting my first career college sack my freshman year
What song best describes your work ethic?
- T.I. Motivation
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Persistence and discipline.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- W.E.B Du Bois, one of the most prolific individuals in African American history that is rarely brought up and discussed I feel he has so much knowledge that I want to know about.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Club Litt
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Derek Carr
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because when you think of respect you think of the work and productivity you’ve put in previously which makes a lasting impression on people.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I would have to say Ray Rice, he made a bad decision that derailed his whole future and stripped him away of the NFL and so much more.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose, its a terrible feeling no matter the circumstances.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Both of my parents because they’ve pushed themselves and overcome so much adversity in their lives