NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: DeAndre Greer, DL, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Name: DeAndre Greer
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 290
- Position: Defensive Line
- College: University of Minnesota Duluth
- Twitter: Dre_way71
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in Dolton, IL. The population is about 30,000. I used to love living right around the corner from the park. In the summer time, my brothers and I would often go to the field and play football.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• This is difficult to rank importance because you equally need all three to have success on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I’m worried about going through life and not taking the necessary risks to be successful.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Easy going
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I couldn’t imagine doing anything else but playing football
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member. My family have always supported me and have my back, so I forever owe my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the flash, I think it’d be cool to run as fast as he does.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play would be the force fumble I had against Concordia this year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Every season Roddy Ricch
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would want to bring my grandfather back, just to be able to have one last conversation with him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Live
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, you could not be able to please everyone.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Can’t think of anyone right now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents, they are the reason I grind everyday. I want to make them proud.