NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Davanta Reynolds, DB, North Carolina Central University
- Name: Davanta Reynolds
- Height: 5’9
- Position: Safety
- College: North Carolina Central University
- Twitter: _exitoso_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
● I was born in Belzoni, Mississippi but I was raised in Stone Mountain, Georgia. What I love the most about Stone Mountain is that a lot of my friends and classmates all played sports growing up so the competition level was always high and the bond we all had even with going to different high schools.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
● Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, and Practice. I chose film first because I feel as if you win the game mentally before you win physically. I chose Strength and Conditioning second because football is a physical sport so if your body isn’t in top shape you won’t have success on the field. I chose practice last because that’s your final preparation before it’s time to play. I feel like practice is all muscle memory you kind of have the same routine on certain days.
What do you worry about, and why?
● I worry about my family. I worry about my family because I have two little sisters that deserve everything and as a big brother and role model I’m the last hope of making sure they can get whatever they want years from now.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
● I failed at making my middle school basketball team in 7th grade. I was very upset of course when I found out that I didn’t make the team but I continued to work on my game everyday and I ended up making the team my 8th grade year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
● My teammates say my best quality is my IQ about the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
● The best player I played against in college is Tariq Cohen.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
● If I couldn’t play football I will strive to be a Sport Psychologist and Forensic Psychologist.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
● I would clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
● I would choose the one family member because we share the same blood, which means that I share an emotional attachment with that person.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
● If I could be any movie character I would be Spider man. I say Spider man because he did whatever he had to do to save lives of others no matter what the occasion and setting was.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
● The biggest obstacle in my life that I had to overcome was being told that I was going to college by my high school coach. I overcame it by continuing to pray and staying the course of doing great on and off the field.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
● My most embarrassing moment was when I used the bathroom on myself when I was around 11-12 years old.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
● The most memorable play of my collegiate career was when I tipped the ball to myself and ran it for a touchdown, which made espn top plays of the week.
What song best describes your work ethic?
● 8 mile Lose Yourself
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
● The most important trait to me is IQ.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
● It would be my biological father. I would bring him back because I never met him a day in my life and lost him at a early age so I would want to hang around him and get to know him.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
● The most overrated player in the NFL is Josh Norman.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
● I’ll rather be respected. I say respected because respect can take you a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
● Josh Gordon. I feel for him because substance abuse is a real big problem in today’s society.