NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Dashawn Davis, WR, Presbyterian College
- Name: Dashawn Davis
- Height: 5’ 9
- Position: WR
- College: Presbyterian College
- Twitter: @dashawndavis
- My hometown is very small and everyone almost knows each other. I love that it’s small simply because it’s peaceful and there isn’t a lot going on.
- Practice, film study, the strength, and conditioning. Practice first because that is where all your craft and mistakes are being made. The film is after practice because you watch your mistakes or see techniques that could improve your game. Strength and conditioning last because I believe football is a mental game but you can’t be weak by any means.
- I try not to worry about anything. If it is out of my control then I know that it’s in God’s plan.
- My junior year I was working on a release at practice all week and couldn’t ever get my feet right where I wanted them to go but, I decided to try it in a game and I did it perfectly.
- My leadership on the field. I’m not the most vocal guy but, my attitude on the field shows that I mean business and that I’m willing to do whatever it takes to help my team be successful.
- Tough question but, I don’t remember his name but he was a safety at Wake Forest.
- I would be a sports psychologist or a counselor.
- Room, desk, then the car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- The three strangers. I don’t think anyone’s life is more important than someone’s else but, I believe saving 3 lives is less selfish than saving 1.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Denzel Washington in the equalizer because, he is smooth and he don’t play around with the people in the movie.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My height honestly is my biggest adversity. I say this because the position I play it’s sometimes a little harder being short but, it has its perks. I’ve embraced it for sure and used it to my advantage when being guarded on the field.
- I would have to say when I dropped a gallon jug of water of my desk in an offense meeting.
- My junior year I got a jet sweep and broke a few tackles to score the game winning touchdown.
- Underdog by Gunna
- My mind
- My grandma , because I just miss talking to her and watching tv with her.
- Get loose
- Matt Stafford
- Respected. People can not like you but respect you. Not everyone will like you but, respect goes a long way.
- Eric Berry because, he has great talent and is a heck of a player. I’m glad he is playing again though.
- I HATE to lose.
- My mom. She works harder than anyone I know. She makes sure I have what I need so I’m trying to return the favor.