NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Brendan Edwards
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 175
- Position: CB, Nickel
- College: California University of PA
- Twitter: 3mucch
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, I am from the inner city just about 3 minutes from downtown. Not a lot of people make it out of Pittsburgh so when or if you ever have a chance to you have to do whatever it takes and see it through. What I love most about my hometown is how hard we grind to get where we want in life. No matter what the obstacle is I think Pittsburgh people always find a way to get it done.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, strength and conditioning, practice. Film study to me is the most important of all. The more you know you’re opponent the better you put yourself in position to win the game study study study know the offense every move what are there tendencies, how much do they throw on first and third down how do they receivers release off the ball things like this put you in positions to be successful. Strength and conditioning is important because you have to keep the body in good shape to be able to last during the long season and practice is where you earn your money. Firm believer in you practice how you play and if you give it your all everyday while nobody else is watching Saturday’s will be a field day.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t really worry about much, because of my faith in god. I know if something is supposed to happen it will and as long I am focused the only person that derail me is myself.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Good question, coming out of high school I was one of the top ATHs to come out of PA. I had a lot of the big schools but I did not have the grades. It hurt me inside because I know that i was better than that as a person and as a student! I sat out a whole year because I chose not to go to juco and honestly it was my hardest time of my life because football is something I love deeply. I then got myself together and got into California university of Pa and played and started for 4 years. There were times I never thought I would play again but my will to be great and do it for my family it friends overpowered those thoughts.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• bringing the energy to the Guys and making sure we playing with some enthusiasm and passion! Being there for them other then on the field no matter what the occasion is and shutting down my side of the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My old teammate Garry Brown!
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would be Coaching or Scouting talent for professional football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room no question.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to say if I can sacrifice myself so they all could live that’s what I would do.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Mike winchell from Friday night lights, instead of getting stopped on the one I would’ve had to bring that state title back to Permian.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was losing my friends to violence here In the city. I would have to say I’ve dealt with it by honoring in my play on the field and being a better person to my family and friends everyday.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not being able to play right away after high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It would have to be my pick 6 against SRU my first ever interception.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Drake forever.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Physically the best trait to have is quickness and speed if you obtain those you can always sharpen your craft to be better at your technique. Non physically it would be studying your opponent on film, knowing there every move puts you in better position to succeed.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My brother Renzo, we did almost everything together and we were always there for one another no matter what. I miss and love him deeply.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I don’t really think anybody is overrated I think people expect to much out of others that aren’t really who they thought they were.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. You don’t have to like me but you will respect me as a man.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Everybody who has helped me get to where I am today and shaped me into the man I am today. Also learning about god helped me get through a lot as well.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Bills new offensive lineman is a great blocker https://t.co/ADx4YytW2f
about 60 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for May 12, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Cyrus Holder, WR, Duquesne University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cyrus-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ieheuBPbV3
about 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Former Packers draft pick Kendall Donnerson will attend the Panthers minicamp nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/kendal…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...