NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Brandon Walton
• Height: 6’6
• Weight: 242
• Position: TE
• College: University of West Georgia
• Twitter: @BrandonWalton88
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Carrollton Ga. Carrollton is a great city and I am proud to say that’s where I’m from. The people are what makes this a great hometown.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning, film study, practice
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not doing enough. I have high standards and I never want to settle.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed my family and teammates when I was ineligible for grades for a semester. I was devastated and embarrassed. I overcame this by not complaining and just do the work.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would probably say size.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Adonis Davis from Fl. Tech.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Use my degree and find a coaching job.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, car, desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- That’s a tough one. But you can’t turn your back on family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- That’s a good one, but I wouldn’t want to be anybody else. I have a loving family and surrounded myself around positive people. And I’m going to make my future the best it can be.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- One of my biggest controversies in college was being ineligible for a semester. It was embarrassing because it showed how lazy I was at that point in time. It also shows what happens in life when you get lazy how something you love can be taken away.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- The most embarrassing moment would be shooting on the wrong goal in middle school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Scoring my first college touchdown against Tuskegee in front of one the largest crowds we’ve had at West Georgia.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Sacrifices by Drake
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring back my grandfather. He never missed any of my games growing up whether it was football or baseball. He always made the trip and was never late. I wish I could show him the man he helped raise.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Salty Spatoon
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- It’s the NFL… nobody is overrated
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. Nobody likes a champion. But everyone respects a champion.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Johnny Manziel. His problems off the field were a huge distraction and derailed his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My dad is the biggest influence because I see where he made mistakes and I want to be better than him and make him proud
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Interesting Small Schoolers represent!!! twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 30 mins ago
- Arizona high school quarterback Aden Morris and his Mother Tish died in a car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/aden-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash in Phoenix… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Ouch you see sometimes it is worth it to trade up twitter.com/pff/status/138…
about 3 hours ago