NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Brandon Niccum
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 290
- Position: Center
- College: NWOSU
- Twitter: @CoachNiccum66
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I guess I would call Justin, TX my hometown and I loved going to high school and meeting some of my good friends from that area
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Strength and conditioning, Film Study, Practice.
First, you have to be sure your body is strong enough and conditioned enough to do what you need to to be successful, film study because you need to know tendencies of the defense from the D-line favorite pass move to blitzing tendencies, although the practice was last on my list it’s still very important. To actually practice getting your body in the right spot to be successful and to practice against the tendencies of the defense
What do you worry about, and why?
- In my life, I worry about not being fully prepared for any given circumstance. That is why I train myself to be successful in all aspects.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I have failed a lot in my life and I think the moment I learned the most was when I found out that I didn’t qualify Division One out of high school. I understood at that point that academics is just as important as the practices and the film study. I grew as a student and an athlete.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I believe that my teammates would say my tenacity and my competitiveness every day would be my best qualities.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- I believe it would have to be PJ hall or Dequinton Osborne. Both were very good athletes.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- My career would be a strength and conditioning coach. I enjoy helping people better their lives and guiding them to become better athletes
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- I believe you clean your room first. Because you always make your bed in the morning because you want to start your day off with some success. Succeed from the moment your feet touch the ground.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I’m saving my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Thor, because his entire job is to help people from disasters and who doesn’t want to be a superhero.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- The biggest adversity in my life is living with the possibility I’ll never have a chance to play in the NFL. That has been my one goal since I was 4 years old.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment would have to be in 6th grade I ripped my pants right down the seam and had to walk around with it for hours.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable play of my career is hard to decide because I have a lot. I’d have to say it’s my sophomore year at Navarro we were playing NEO right before the play offs. We went into half time down 28. We came all the way back to tie it late in the 4th. With just under 2 minutes left in the game, We called a slip screen. We threw it to Josh Cleveland, I made the touchdown block on the linebacker and Cleve went for 70 to win the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- GHerbo- Focused
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I will be successful at the next level because my continued drive and Competitiveness to get better every day.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My Granny Anne would love to show her what man I grew to be.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Shake it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Joe Flacco
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected than liked. Because if you are respected they know you are what you say you are.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- For, as far as I know, every player career who’s career was derailed for off-field reasons deserved it.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose in anything. It isn’t for the satisfaction of winning, it’s avoiding the terrible feeling of losing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom, she worked multiple jobs and stayed very late working just to give me some opportunities to continue playing this great game and providing for whatever we needed.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- That is our guy @danielkellybook he is opinionated but damn he is good twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre…
about 35 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Will it pass the Senate? twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago