- Name: Bennett Harvey III
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 230
- Position: TE/H-Back
- College: East Central University
- Twitter: @THarv88
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Tulsa is a great city and a place that I am proud to be from! The thing I love most about Tulsa is how much it is growing and how the people are creating new places and businesses that will help our city become better than it already is
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I would have to say Strength and Conditioning, Practice, and Film study. Strength and Conditioning are first because you have to be in shape in order to practice but to have a great practice you have to be in great shape so you can give every rep 100%. Practice is next because you have to know what you are doing if you want to be successful in the field and it takes a lot of hours of practice to be successful. Then there is film study which is very important. You have to know your opponent and what they do so you can see what kind of edge you can get on them.
What do you worry about, and why?
- To be honest I don’t really worry about much because I know God will guide me where he wants me. One of my favorites quotes is “I don’t know what my future holds but I know who holds my future”.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- The spring semester during my junior year when we tested I wanted to power clean 375 but ended up getting 355. I worked hard all year until testing came back up and I got 375.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I would say my attitude and effort
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- I don’t know his name but #9 DE for NWOSU.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Basketball or Boxing
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- My room because that is my home and where I’m at every day.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Well, it depends because if the family member is my mom or dad then I would save the three strangers because I know my mom and dad have both given their life’s to Christ and I wouldn’t want the three strangers to die without having an opportunity to hear the gospel.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be the Hulk because he has always been my favorite superhero!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I had lost my scholarship to play at ECU coming out of high school. I couldn’t get admitted into the school because my ACT scores were too low. I spent that fall semester studying for the ACT so I could become eligible to play the next fall. I got my ACT score up and got offered a scholarship from ECU again.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My senior year of high school I caught a bubble screen and broke loose into open field and then tripped over my own foot.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- I would say it’s when I scored an 81yd touchdown against Oklahoma Baptist my junior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Legendary by Welshly Arms
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Drive. If you don’t have a purpose or ambition to want to be the best or to succeed you will either fail or you won’t last long at the next level because every year there is someone new who is hungry and wants to come in and take your spot.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My Nanny, just so I could spend a day with her and tell her about how my life has been since she’s been gone.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- In my opinion, no one is overrated. They are professional athletes for a reason. Sometimes people are better at your job than you and sometimes their not.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because it’s impossible for everyone to like you so why bother trying to please everyone.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Sean Taylor. Dude had a great career ahead of him and his life ended too soon because someone wanted to break into his house.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose more than anything.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father Ben Harvey because he has shown me how to overcome adversity even when it seems impossible. He showed me what it looks like when a man works hard and provides for his family. He has taught me how to love others and to be like Christ and go out and share the gospel with people.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Breaking: Cyrus Jones less than a year removed from open-heart surgery will visit Texans… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Tarron Jackson nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/tarron… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Karon Delince, DB, East Tennessee State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:Ranking the Five Best WR Pairings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/wr-pai… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/TgHvgvnHre
about 26 mins ago
- This kid is in bad shape twitter.com/tompelissero/s…
about 33 mins ago