- Name: Andrew Roach Sr.
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 185 lbs.
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Pace University
- Twitter: @_DrewRoach
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Upper Marlboro, Maryland located in southern Maryland. What I love most about my hometown is the talent that comes out of there and the culture that everybody in the DMV has built over time.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning. Film Study is probably the most underappreciated form of preparation that I’ve seen in my time in football but is the most beneficial way to prepare for myself. Practice, practice, practice. It’s important at any position, especially cornerback to make sure that I’m working my technique at all times and you need the practice to do so. Strength and Conditioning, If you aren’t physically prepared to play the game then the two activities I listed above will become irrelevant.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I don’t worry about anything, I just Let Go & Let God.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I tore my ACL my freshman year. It was one of my most challenging times in life because it was the first time I’ve ever experienced an injury since I began playing sports at the age of three. I didn’t understand how to handle being unable to play the game I love or even being hinder in your preparation for the season. What kept me through the entire process was my faith and my family. I know without God and my family it would’ve been impossible for me to have recovered the way that I did.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My knowledge of the game and the way that I prepare.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Stefon Diggs or Juan Williams
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would definitely be a football coach. I take delight in investing in others and helping them reach their athletic goals.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member, I value family over everything and I wouldn’t be where I’m at without them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Bruce Wayne, an individual with no special abilities but finds a way to get the job done better than most individuals that do have superhuman abilities.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- The biggest adversity in life to date would be my son. I would say he was my biggest lesson and blessing in life. It’s been difficult but it has been beyond rewarding to be his father. I was entering my sophomore year of college when he was born and my redshirt freshman year on the field. Ultimately God has blessed me with the ability to be an All-NE10 Cornerback and be a father, so it has all worked together by his grace.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When I tore my ACL at practice my freshman year at Sacred Heart University. I was sitting in the Athletic Training room crying for an hour and the women’s basketball team was staring at me like I was crazy for being in tears.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The interception I had against St. Anselm in our last game of 2018 because it was a play that led to a win that set the record for wins in Pace History
What song best describes your work ethic?
- BIG BIDNESS- Big Sean
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My IQ of the game of football and my work ethic. A lot of people will always be bigger, faster, or stronger than you. But if you’re able to put yourself in successful positions mentally and work harder than the next guy, you’ll give yourself a great opportunity at succeeding.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Martin Luther King Jr. I see him as a man that had great values and was a leader above everything. He ultimately died for a vision that he believed in.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Nobody, God has put everybody in the NFL for a reason and everybody possess qualities that have them there for a specific reason.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, it’s impossible for everybody to like you but it is very possible for everybody to respect you and your accomplishments.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I used to look at Tyrann Mathieu like that when he was at LSU but then the Lord blessed him with amazing opportunities and he took full advantage of them. I think it just speaks to the man he is and the people that he surrounds himself with. I believe those things allowed him to get back on the right path and impact others lives in a tremendously positive way.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose without a doubt. I’m a sore loser in anything that I do. It’s just the competitive nature that I possess.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom and my son. My mom has made me the man I am today and has invested so much love, time, and resources into me long before I was born. My son, on the other hand, is the reason why I do everything that I do. Without God blessing me with my son, I don’t know where my life would currently be at.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago